Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is my sim 3G?

Options
  • 06-04-2008 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭

I am on o2 bill pay for more more than 5 years now. The sim I have was never changed, I mean I have it since I moved to bill pay.

Recently I got a Nokia E65 from Adverts. Phone is 3G but I am not sure if my sim is 3G (is it because its old?).

When I look at the phone I do sometime see 3G symbol and sometime it disappears (again that depends on where I am). Like its always there when I am in office but when I am in my apartment it comes off and on.

Is there a way to find if my sim is 3G? Do I need to call customer care?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

a "3G" sim just has more memory. you'd be better off getting a replacement sim. they're free and old sims in new phones can cause problems

o2 3G sims say 3G on them and come in a different colour envelope to non-3G ones

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

^^ thanks a lot for the quick reply.

Do I need to call customer service or go to any o2 store for the replacement sim?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

You can just go into an o2 shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

You will have problems making data calls witha non-3G SIM in a 3G phone, voice calls on 3G will be fine though. Had a few issues with this in the past.
    The 3G SIM has indeed more memory but there is a bit more to it than just that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

^^ thanks a lot for all the replies guys :)

A will drop into an o2 shop tomorrow.

• Advertisement
Advertisement