Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kitten wanted

Options
  • 06-04-2008 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi I was just wondering if anyone had any kittens that needed homes. I've been looking everywhere for a kitten; shelters, the net, the buyandsell...and no luck. If anyone in the Dublin area has a kitten that needs a home please let me know :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭kerrysgold

try:
    http://petsireland.invisionzone.com
    www.irishanimals.ie
    www.catsaid.org
    www.dspca.ie
    www.kittenadoption.ie

You'd also be better off getting a pair of kittens/cats as I think one cat would be lonely. they seem to like to play together and share the same bed etc so I wouldn't keep just one anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Lola1987

I've tried everywhere but I still can't find any kittens :( I seen an ad in the buy and sell too but the number doesn't seem to work?
    Please if anyone knows of any kittens needing a home please reply....:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cotton

I've got 4 here that are 5 weeks old.
    They are looking for indoor only homes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Cotton Where are you situated?

Looking for a kitten myself, i've rang around my area, and apparently this year has been a very bad year for kittens.

I'm in Wicklow.
    For a guideline, please see www.kittenadoption.org

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭CAT24

I'm in the same boat except I have to get a long haired kitten as I'm allergic to short haired ones :-( have rang every where and no where has any.

Cotton do you have any long haired kittens for re-homing indoors?

Cotton, I sent you an PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭kitcatz

Hi cat24 and ancapaillmor! We have four stray kittens in our garden for the past few weeks, they are about 4 or 5 months old. I'd like to find homes for them where they will be given time and patience to let them settle in and become more tame. At the moment they are still shy, but they are lovely kittens, they just need someone to give them a good home. Two of them are long haired, one is very pretty... fluffy brown/white stripey soft fur, the other is black long haired with a white triangular patch under chin and white paws. I could show you photos if you're interested.
    Thanks!:)

Hi Kitcatz

I can't pm you as I'm not very well up on posting threads :D I would love to see a photo if you have one!

Hi cat24
    Sorry, I actually homed the pretty brown long-haired kitten this evening. Here's the other guy, not sure if it's a boy or girl though, still shy but joined in a bit, playing with squeaky toy on string, so I'd say he could come out of his shell in time!:)

• Advertisement

Thanks for posting the picture Kidcatz, we're actually looking to adopt a younger cat at the moment. Would like to have the chance to look after one from a baby. I hope you find a lovely home for him!

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bagels

try bluecross

Cat24, that's grand. I found someone who is interested in taking him, so hopefully he will have a nice new home soon! I hope you find a kitten soon!

Any updates on the kitten situation? I'm still looking :(

Please if anyone knows anywhere I can get a kitten that would be great, I can't find any :(

Hi Lola,
    I'm not sure if you saw my post on the "homes needed" section. We have two outdoor kittens about five months old. Here's a photo of the female tabby. You can let me know if you might be interested!

It's beautiful Kitcatz, but I'm looking for a younger kitten. Thank you very much for your response though, and I hope you find homes for them :)

No prob Lola. Hope you find one soon!
    Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Aimee_gleeson

Unfortunately I live in Dublin and the owner of those kittens lives in Limerick so its a bit too far for me to travel, especially as I am car-less at the moment :( If anyone knows of any other kittens looking for a home, in Dublin/Kildare or even Wicklow areas please let me know...:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭HereticPrincess

:oI'm also looking for a kitten in Dublin & it's pretty hard to find one as young as I'm looking to get her, that I saw the add for the Limerick kittens & am considering going there.

Yeah I'm looking for female kitten aged 10-12 weeks. Its bloody hard! I keep getting the dspca telling me to ring back after 3 weeks, I rang back, and I'm told to wait another 3 weeks....whats the deal with the lack of kittens this year? When I wasn't allowed to get a kitten I kept having to turn them away, and now I'm actually finally allowed to have a kitten, I can't find any anywhere :(

Same here! In my house, we have a dog & a baby & at one stage some neighbours were even giving away kittens but now I'm moving to an apartment with the boyf & I can't find anywhere to adopt one :(

Simple reason is it's too early. Mine are one of the earliest born this year & they're not 8 weeks yet.
    if you really want one, you'll have to wait a few weeks, if not more.
    Personally, I'm thrilled that kittens are hard to find.

Cotton I PM'd you a few days ago about one of your posts on kittens.
    :p

So did I, a few weeks ago lol.

Oh dear, I'll go have a look!:o

I found an ad in the buy and sell....unfortunately the number doesn't work....thats the second time thats happened... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5 lilot

Hi lola, i have 3 kittens that are looking to be homed, two black and white and one full black. cute little things. At the moment they are only 2 and a half weeks old but id be looking to get the homed as soon as they are weened and ready, would you be interested? i live in dublin 11 area.

• Advertisement

I pm'd you lilot :p

Advertisement