Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for new phone/bill plan , yet very very confused. S.O.S.

Options
  • 06-04-2008 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

hello,

Ive been on meteor talk 60 for the past 2 years with a k750i and have had very little problems. the only problem im having right now is that im trying to upgrade. I've had a look at the range of meteor bill phones and they seem to be worse or exactly the same as my old yet amazing k750i. I've been eyeing a few phones like the w610i , but its the same thing, the w580i/w910i, but theres some dodgy reviews about faults ad lacking in camera, and the nokia phones like the n73 and the N95, although I've had problems with alot of nokias in the past, and the N95 costs a bundle. Also i was having a brief look at the samsung G600 although im a bit sceptical about it, never having used samsung before. anyone own this like this?

Basically the features Im looking for are a good solid phone, a fairly decent camera , and a good useable mp3 player. I dont own an mp3 player or a digital camera, so this is why im looking for these features. my k750i does all this but im looking to upgrade it to something better. any suggestions?

Again with billpay (esp. meteor) , you have the advantage of far cheaper phones. I dont mind switching networks, but id prefer to stay on billpay (even though prepay customers seem to be getting all the frills and extra bits lately). I was originally going to switch to 3 billpay and pick something like the K770i as things like free skype and msn appealed to me but ive read so many hate forums on 3 on how they include hidden charges and bad network problems that i was put off. Im a student and cant afford to be dropped with extra bills, i chose billpay originally because it works out cheaper then prepay phones.

so basically what im saying is...im confused :) im looking for a nice upgrade to the k750i that doesnt cost an arm and a leg, (although i might be swayed if it acts as an OUTSTANDING camera/mp3plyer/phone) and im looking for it on a bill plan for spending about 30 a month on average, using frequent texts and about 60-70 minutes worth of calls for month! any recommendations? or people in the same boat as i am?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 jargarbo

Since you're a SE user might as well get the SE K850i really worth getting the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Velcropants

jargarbo wrote: »
    Since you're a SE user might as well get the SE K850i really worth getting the phone.

i know but afaik, its not available on any network except vodafone, whom are the equivalent of turning you upside down and shaking you until all the money falls out, and the sim free costs a bundle. :P if you know of anywhere to get it let me know :)

i realise im asking alot in the post before so ill simplify, if anyone as any experience or recommendations with the following phones let me know:

Samsung G600, SE w900i, w580i, w610i, Nokia N73, E65.

very confused because i hear great things in one review about these phones, but dire things in another! any feedback would be most helpful! :)

cheers guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,907 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 monkey27

hey,

I am using the samsung g600 at the moment with o2 I love it its very easy to use--I have always used nokia or sony ericsson...

The menu layout is very simular to the sony and the camera functions are simular also...
    the camera quailty for a 5mp camera is not the best...If you move at all or if the image moves it will not capture the image...( unlike the sony k850i) i also get about 5 days out of the battery(I use my phone alot!!)
    (nokia e65---known for bad battery life and switching off...)
    (w580i---freezing... buttons on keypad can fall off! no lie... it happens..)
    (n73---out a good while alot on the phone that you may not use..)

Mp3- brilliant comes with 512mp memory card included!

If you want a good camera reliability go for the sony ericsson k850i it's very cool... plus u will be grand using the phone!

But... if you want something new to get your head around go for the samsung... i love it...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Velcropants

cheers guys! hmm.. seem to be swayed towards the w910i or the g600 at the moment with what im looking at. both available on meteor which is handy.

anyone out there have a w910i and have any problems?

also where can one find this brilliant 'k850i'? and does it cost a fortune?

• Advertisement
Advertisement