Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't power off Samsung LE37R

Options
  • 06-04-2008 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭

I've just bought this LCD, and although it's a great tv, and I'm quite happy with it, I'm very miffed that you can't power-off the tv without unplugging it.

What sort of message does that send out to everone regarding Samsungs attitude to power usage policy and carbon outputs?

It would encourage many more people to power off their sets properly if they didn't have to go digging for the plug.

Thumbs down to Samsung for this. :mad:

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Totally agree lad, someone mentioned a remote control socket???, not sure if it can be got, so at least it powers it and all your other equipment off in one go if you cannot easily access the power.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

I got an email from Samsung about this:

In regards to your query, the television uses a power saving mode which
    is required to keep the internal settings of the TV.
    This uses less than 1 watt per hour.

It's still 1W per hour more than I'd like to use when not watching tv.

Advertisement