Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Memory card question

Options
  • 06-04-2008 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭

I recently got the Nokia 6300. I am able to receive emails on it but when I attach a large document to an email (say a scanned document, over 1 MB in size), it says it's too big to open it.
    If I buy a memory card, can I save it to this location? How do I attach the memory card to the 'phone? Is there some kind of adapter that the card goes into and then this slots into the USB port in the 'phone?
    Will this do what I want:http://www.expansys.ie/d.aspx?i=161275
    Apologies for knowing so little, it's for work emails with attachments I might receive while on the road.
    If I could download them to the memory card and then put it into my laptop i could print them off.
    I never needed to know this stuff 'til now!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

That micro SD card should do the job. I believe 2 gigs is the largest the 6300 can take so it should work fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭lukin

Sherifu wrote: »
    That micro SD card should do the job. I believe 2 gigs is the largest the 6300 can take so it should work fine.

Yeah but does the kit in the link I posted allow me to read the card via the USB input in the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

lukin wrote: »
    Yeah but does the kit in the link I posted allow me to read the card via the USB input in the phone?
    Doesn't the phone have a micro SD slot?

/edit just checked, thought it had a seperate slot too. That kit should work fine.

Doesn't the phone have a micro SD slot?
    No, it doesn't
    /edit just checked, thought it had a seperate slot too. That kit should work fine.

OK, if you say so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

the nokia 6300 does have a micro sd slot, take off the back cover and its on the side of the phone! no need for a kit.

• Advertisement

the nokia 6300 does have a micro sd slot, take off the back cover and its on the side of the phone! no need for a kit.

Jeez yeah you're right, just dug up the manual. They are tiny though.
    it's also annoying that you have to take off the back to get at it.
    I don't have a slot in my work lappie for an SD card. I presume I can get some kind of USB adapter to fix that?
    (Edit; something like this?http://www.expansys.ie/d.aspx?i=149682)
    I'd still like to know if it will be possible to download large files by email and save them in the SD card?

Advertisement