Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Payments using credit on phone

Options
  • 06-04-2008 12:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭

Hi,

With regard to O2's free credit with phone upgrades (Speakeasy PAYG) --- eg need to put on €20 each month yourself to get the next 'free' €10 from them...
    ...trouble is I dont usually use even €10/mth.

So, if I was to (for the duration) put on 9x€20 to get their 9x€10, I'd be potentially left with ~€180 credit piled up on the account.

Then, thinking cap on, I recall some japanese networks I believe let people pay for various stuff using their mobiles(imode?).... and so does anyone know if it's possible to do anything useful with phone credit here. Normal utility payments would be a nice surprise if that was possible but are there some sensible (or semi-sensible) avenues to use the credit other than a few years extra yakking?? :-)

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,907 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭MrAbc

Bummer :-(

Thanks anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

Set yourself up a premium rate texting service :D

Although .. this would cost more to setup than the €180 you'd get back ....

Advertisement