Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tullow St cheaper than Argos

Options
  • 05-04-2008 10:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭

shopping for a few for houshold electrical items recently i checked out the argos catalogue and found stores on tullow street to be 10-40% cheaper than the exact same items in argos!

philips hand blender in local store €33 argos price €40.50
    health grill in local store €57 in argos same grill was over €80

anyone else think argos are quite expensive when compared with local stores?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭patrickc

foggy_lad wrote: »
    shopping for a few for houshold electrical items recently i checked out the argos catalogue and found stores on tullow street to be 10-40% cheaper than the exact same items in argos!

philips hand blender in local store €33 argos price €40.50
    health grill in local store €57 in argos same grill was over €80

anyone else think argos are quite expensive when compared with local stores?

swans are even cheaper again I think out near the athy road..compared to their tullow st prices, and a better selection too

• Registered Users Posts: 16,749 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

patrickc wrote: »
    swans are even cheaper again I think out near the athy road..compared to their tullow st prices, and a better selection too

yep they're near the Holy Angels school just after Carlow Tennis club and Dr.Cullen Park

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

was comparing argos prices with them on tullow st

was comparing argos prices with them on tullow st

just saying wheres cheap too thats all..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

yes agree they are better out at strawhall much bigger premises and another place thats good is electro city near woodies

• Advertisement

yes agree they are better out at strawhall much bigger premises and another place thats good is electro city near woodies

the guy Will in electro city is brilliant, knows everything there is to know about electrical products

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

patrickc wrote: »
    the guy Will in electro city is brilliant, knows everything there is to know about electrical products

Really, we will see about that!

/goes off to Electrocity

Really, we will see about that!

/goes off to Electrocity

I think so anyhow...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

But wouldn't you usually be going to your local electrical store anyway instead of argos, I do anyway just in the event that something would go wrong:(

Have to say i found argos reasonably ok on most fronts. Is it just electrical goods partrick or goods in general?

dan.

Advertisement