Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

spots

Options
  • 05-04-2008 6:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭

Anyone got any tips of getting rid of spots fast for a spesh occasion?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Electric

I find germoline cream dries them out really quickly. Or you could try dabbing tea tree oil on them just make sure it's only on the spot as it can irritate healthy skin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

Try Lush's Cupcake!!

Lovely chocolate face mask, works wonders! I've just washed mine off coz I'm going out later! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Face transplant

Failing that, put a dab of tea tree oil on the spots. Should dry them out, but theres a slight chance it may leave a wee scar there. But I used it when I was a spotty teenager, and my face looks fine (IMO of course)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Are you a boy or a girl? If a girl then some good concealer under your foundation should help. If you are a boy have no idea unfortunately, witch hazel is supposed to be good but have never used it. You probably think it is a lot worse than it actually is OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

Benefit's boo-boo zap is really good for reducing redness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Try toothpaste if you have none of the above. Drys them out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

If you apply a slightly moist aspirin tablet to the affected area it will reduce any redness and inflamation, helps with the drying out too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

A medicated soap will clear them within 2-3 days, Dettol soap for example.

Only problem is that skin will sort of depend on this so if you switch back, spots will come back with a vengeance.

dettolantibacterialsoap.jpg

I had a load of them when I was around 16-17, used Dettol soap, completely gone in 2 days.

Advertisement