Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

german students...help!!

Options
  • 05-04-2008 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

im doin german and for the oral im doin the story "die barenweihnacht". its basically about lonliness at christmas time. i was wonderin if anyone had any good notes on lonliness at xmas or if they knew of any sites that contain loneliness topics. its too broad to put into a seacrh engine!! help please...orals monday :eek: thanks :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭teckoda

Well, i'm in the same boat as yourself. But I'm doing german as an extra, they don't do german in my school. Difference is i was born in germany and therefor speak fluent German.

I can try to formulate some sentences in german for you. Throw some ideas at me and i will construct some sentences for you to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 bubblegum123

Loneliness is a problem which many people suffer with, especially at xmas time. many people are like korbinian(in the story) and have no family or friends in the area. i find this sad because xmas is a happy time and we should spend it with family.
    loneliness can cause depression and even suicide, which is a problem amoung young men in our country at the moment. there are not enough facilities provided to allow young people to express their feelings and to solve their problems.

if u think of anything else topical about loneliness help me
    your so nice thank u :D

Loneliness is a problem which many people suffer with, especially at xmas time.

Einsamkeit ist ein Problem das viele leute betrift, besonders an weihnachten

many people are like korbinian(in the story) and have no family or friends in the area.

Es gibt sehr viele leute wie korbinian, die keine Familie oder freunde haben.

I find this sad because xmas is a happy time and we should spend it with family.

Ich finde das sehr traurig viel weihnachten eine frauliche zeit ist und da solten wir mit unsere Familie zusammen sein

loneliness can cause depression and even suicide, which is a problem amoung young men in our country at the moment.

Einsamkeit kann Depression.. and i gotta run. Sorry i never got to finish it off. Hope its some help tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭ANarcho-Munk

Excuse my ignorance....but is this story thing only for honours people?...

:confused:

Im pretty confused and slihtly worried..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Is this for the project or the picture stories, because we don't have one like that in the picture stories.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Riotguy

They're talking about the optional short story or film. During your oral you'll be asked whether you would like to dicuss a German film or story. It's optional though, you can decide against discussing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Ah yes, I did Untergang. Not sure how it is she said I did "sehr gut" but I don't know if that was just a line she said to everyone :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

the picture stories were the shizz

so easy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

kev_s88 wrote: »
    the picture stories were the shizz

so easy
    Really, I hate the picture stories like, so much to learn in my opinion plus the future projection pictures etc...

The role play is right in front of you and the general conversation is faily straight forward in my opinion if you know what your your talking about...

Yeah, I had my oral today. Didn't go too bad. Although I should of done better in the role plays.

There is a terrible amount of stuff to learn for the picture stories, I'll give you that!

• Advertisement
Advertisement