Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graduate Programs

Options
  • 05-04-2008 5:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

After doing 2 interviews for a job in a graduate program (the most respected graduate program in my field) I was unfortunately rejected. This graduate program had been my first choice.

After this I went for another graduate program (not as well known and dosent offer nearly as much training) however I was accepted to this program and signed a contract for it.

I have now being contacted by the first and more respected graduate program saying that I have been reconsidered. I believe they were finding it difficult to find people. I had a very bad second round interview as I basically got into an argument with one of the interviewers as he called me cheeky. After he said that I said that, saying that about me to the other interviewer was very unprofessional. So I dont think he liked me much.

However I did get on with other interviewers and I know people their who say its the best graduate job. I also know I wouldnt be working for the person who I had issues with in the interview. I also still want the job but I dont know if they are just accepting me because they cant find enough people or because I would be good at the job. Would this be a bad move to take the job considering I have a company who accepted me first time around. Even though they provide far less training.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Right, a graduate program is meant to mould you and help direct you in right way.....

Personally i think you should take company 1, because although they reconsidered you after rejecting you they would train you more than company 2.
    You are attaching emotions with the job, at the end of the day you are a "number" if you reject either offer it wouldn't make a difference to the company!

Points to consider
    Salary
    Self development(education support, career progression)

All the best and let us know which company you decide to take

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭sunnyjim

Just to point out, that if one of them were AIB, they aren't taking on any graduates this year.

Advertisement