Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fcuking wine update

Options
  • 05-04-2008 1:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭

I play in Linux. There I've said it :p

It's all been working fine but just now under the influence of alcohol I applied updates. I always do apply them but always untick the wine update - it's working don't screw with it :D But not this time.

Game still ran but the launcher wouldn't display the html. It's worked fine up til now but looks like however I got it working wasn't the proper way cos Gecko wasn't installed properly.

Anyway - just in case anyone else has the same problem here's the fix:

NOTE - You will need to install the cabextract package from the repositories to do this and these instructions are for Debian based distros (I use Ubuntu).
    cd ~
    wget http://downloads.sourceforge.net/wine/wine_gecko-0.1.0.cab && cabextract wine_gecko-0.1.0.cab
    mkdir -p ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/gecko/0.1.0/
    mv wine_gecko ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/gecko/0.1.0/

Run regedit in the terminal. Go to HKEY_Current_User/Software/Wine/MSHTML and create a new key labeled “0.1.0”
    In the new “0.1.0” key, create a new string value labeled “GeckoPath” and set the string value to “c:\windows\gecko\0.1.0\wine_gecko”

Gecko should be installed correctly now.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

And i actually talked to you ! Nevar again ya feckign 'nix homo !

:p

Advertisement