Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What price for this scope??

Options
  • 05-04-2008 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭

I'm looking at a leupold vx - 3 long range 30mm 6.5 x 20 x 50 new. the price is €930 is this a decent price or am I being done ? also anyone any experience with one of these. I'll be using it for hunting and targets, basicly an all round scope.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭bigred

did you try opticswarehouse.co.uk?
    They've a huge selection and the prices are good. They also ship to us in just a few days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭revan23

they are around 700 -800 dollars in the states (500 euros) so get one from there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭foxshooter243

revan23 wrote: »
    they are around 700 -800 dollars in the states (500 euros) so get one from there

thats right, but consider the leupold mk 4 tactical which has 100 moa of elevation, better target scope in the event you wish to shoot out to 1000 yards.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭fish slapped

Again Revan23 its the old problem of getting it shipped from the state's:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,043 ✭✭✭clivej

[URL="[URL]http://www.opticswarehouse.co.uk/proddetail.asp?prod=L652050vx111LRT"]http://www.opticswarehouse.co.uk/proddetail.asp?prod=L652050vx111LRT[/URL[/URL]]
    This is about €745 and will ship in about 3 days. add £5 for post.
    Look for a US one but the exchange rate is low right now from the UK as well.
    I bought from Opticswarehouse.co.uk only 3 weeks ago and found them to be good. BUT E-mail to check for stock first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Try SIR mailorder in Canada. They've no problem shipping to Europe. Want to be paid by swift code bank transfer for international orders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭revan23

Again Revan23 its the old problem of getting it shipped from the state's:(

i got 3 scopes in total from the states, never had any problems, just get the guy to put the value on the package at something like $20

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭fish slapped

Thanks lads, looking into both :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

i got 3 scopes in total from the states, never had any problems, just get the guy to put the value on the package at something like $20
    IF you can find a vendor willing to to do this (and many won't), you run the risk of only being able to claim the stated value from the carriers if the package gets damaged/lost in transit.
    Just something to ponder when placing orders for high end/expensive items.

Advertisement