Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

made redundant

Options
  • 04-04-2008 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭

Hi l was advised today that l would be made redundant was sooner than l expected so this is why lm posting this now and not later l have been working for the last 5yrs full time l have never claimed the dole in my life never wanted to/needed to how ever lm in a different position now l am working in Dublin now but will move Home to Mayo in the next 2months to work on a farm that l grew up on will be maintaining farm so that it holds its value and also to try and increase itss value my question is l will be getting redundancy so can l claim dole also have a large amount of money saved will this go against me l have worked for the last 5yrs full time and paid tax would fact that l will get redundancy and have a large amt of cash saved stop me from collecting Social welfare can some one advise thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭doolox

There are two types of Dole, Jobseekers Benefit and Jobseekers Assistance.
    Jobseekers Benefit is paid out to those who are out of work and have paid PRSI in their previous employment for at least 3 years. If you worked for a wage in the private sector and have paid PRSI you almost certainly qualify for Jobseekers Benefit. People in receipt of redundancy packages may be disqualified for up to nine weeks, depending on how much they get. Single rate for dole is €197.50

THIS IS NOT MEANS TESTED.

You can have millions in the bank and still get it.

It lasts for 13 months and then you go on to Jobseeker Assistance, which is means tested and , having a farm and money will probably disqualify you from it.

See website Welfare.ie where you can find out more.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭cycling is fun

Hi doolox thanks for your reply at least l know what lm entitled to when l leave my job great will be on to Social welfare about this soon thanks

Advertisement