Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else?

Options
  • 04-04-2008 6:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

Each to their own. Considering the number of players that regularly play WoW on a daily basis, it is a safe bet to assume that pretty much everyone from every demograph plays it.

With that said, you are both equally common.
    You are what is called a casual and your brother is whats called a "hardcore" player. I have a similar relationship with my brother and it is very much a love hate relationship ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

What Ivan said ^^

I suppose im wats concidered a hardcore player. i play for atelast 6 hours a day. 4 hours in pvp and 2 hours in heroics. And on weekends i usually help guild members who are leveling. And one night a week i raid, albeit unsuccessfully :/ ****ing RP realms.... I wish there was a way i could move to a pvp/pve realm. Ill get my housemate to suck off a blizz employee is needbe !

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Nah....yer all casuals :pac:

Some people can get sucked in very quickly and just want to play 24/7. After awhile it can die off, or else...

Nah....yer all casuals :pac:

Some people can get sucked in very quickly and just want to play 24/7. After awhile it can die off, or else...

Like you for example :p

Gwan play again. You've joined my realm once :pac:

Dont mind college, them skills arnt nothing compared to s6 epixxx.

And believe me, id play wow 24/7 if i could. Bu i have a job :(

I think its time to take a summer sabatical tbfh !

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Dole ftw.

Ye need to work in Denmark. Their dole benefits are based on their previous salary.
    Hax

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Dr_MaSoN

Anti wrote: »
    What Ivan said ^^

I suppose im wats concidered a hardcore player. i play for atelast 6 hours a day. 4 hours in pvp and 2 hours in heroics. And on weekends i usually help guild members who are leveling. And one night a week i raid, albeit unsuccessfully :/ ****ing RP realms.... I wish there was a way i could move to a pvp/pve realm. Ill get my housemate to suck off a blizz employee is needbe !

You can Move off a RP realm you know ye?

its only pve --> pvp is a no no!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

What Ivan said ^^

Why not transfer to a normal, nongeeky, PvE realm?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

I think secretly he loves the RP realm. I know he has gone on about how "terrible it is there" at every available oppurtunity. Me thinks the lady doth protest too much!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

He does. If he really wanted to move he would to a PVE one. I'm on the same server for over 2 years now - it's a good server with plenty of raiding, pvp, heroics to cater for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Pfft, Alliance scum.

• Advertisement

Macros42 wrote: »
    He does. If he really wanted to move he would to a PVE one. I'm on the same server for over 2 years now - it's a good server with plenty of raiding, pvp, heroics to cater for everyone.

Aye that part of it is grand.. Butall these heavy rp ******s carrying on while in an instance. Wrecks my bean.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Aye that part of it is grand.. Butall these heavy rp ******s carrying on while in an instance. Wrecks my bean.

Why did you roll on a RP server by the way?

WellyJ wrote: »
    Why did you roll on a RP server by the way?

Long story... A mate of mine who i used to play ut with in a 2v2 team from 1999-2003 started playign wow a few years ago and nagged me into joining. At the time i knew nothing about the game, and was only on a trial. So i joined up, its not all bad i suppose. I just have a really low tollerance to people who keep telling me they are from a long line of dwarfs, and sit around in loch modan acting like twats...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Do people on RP realms actually rp their way through instances?

Always wondered if the raid leader had to say "Verily, this beast will engage us in battle in three phases, thou must moveth away from the fire or suffer my wrath!"

I think id quit the game if that were the case:)

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Cullilingus

Dustaz wrote: »

Always wondered if the raid leader had to say "Verily, this beast will engage us in battle in three phases, thou must moveth away from the fire or suffer my wrath!"

I dont think its quite like that... joined one ftc once, and it was pretty much like any other server, but with the occasional person walking instead of running.

Incidently, these people get quite upset if you decide to run through them. :D

Dustaz wrote: »

That is exactally what some of the hardcore ones are like. And to talk ooc ( out of character ) you have to talk with (( )) around what your saying... It annoys me so much at times i have the whole instance on ignore. But usually they just chat to them selfs in /s about their grand aunt firemage etc etc etc.. at this point i usually ignore.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

fukin weirdos. sorry couldnt resist

Advertisement