Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3's new pay monthly price plans - opinions?

Options
  • 04-04-2008 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭

3 have introduced new pay monthly price plans

€19 = 90 Flexi-units
    €29 = 150
    €49 = 350
    €79 = 650
    €99 = 950

r_flexi.jpg

what think ye? Worth switching from Meteor pre-pay?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

I think your post answered one of the q's I had when I originally saw the update... "Whats a unit"

1 minute of calls, 3 texts or 1mb on the web. That makes things a little clearer... The out of bundle pricing seems a little steep though

• Registered Users Posts: 18,907 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭kelzer

I wonder is this better value than the previous plan of 100 minutes for €19? It sounds similar to the Flext plans T-Mobile have in the UK.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Great value price plans, the flexi thing is the way it should be.

If those lads sorted out their CC, they'd own the Irish market.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭Terrontress

Seems expensive to me. 150 units for ?30. 20c per unit. That would equate to 20c per minute at the cheapest. Just under 7p for a text or 20c for a meg of data.

At present, I'm paying ?29 for 200 mins. 15c per minute. I don't have a text plan but they are available at 6c for 100 or 5c for 200. I do have 250megs for ?10. 4c per meg?

Hope my sums aren't wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

I like the notion of the flexi units and things - means you can use more of the potential savings you might get each month.

Shame 3 have a black mark for customer care etc as far as I'm concerned and it's going to take a lot to change my mind.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I don't think this is an improvement, maybe a little more flexible not for your pocket. i still think the original tariffs are the best value, the one downside is don't have the 3 to 3 free

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

You do get free 3 to 3.
    On lower plan of €19 you get 90mins free 3 to 3, on next plan you get 150mins and on the rest you get 3000 free mins 3 to 3.
    Plans are great value if you compare to another network.

Eg
    o2 Active life 250: You get 250 mins and 100 text for a cost of €50
    on 3 Relax 350: You get 350 flexi units, if you take out 250 units for talk (equals 250 mins from o2) you are left with 100 units for text or 300 texts or 200 extra texts
    In short, o2 = 250 mins and 100 text, 3 = 250 mins and 300 text

Also out of bundle rates

3 Voda Meteor 02
    Min €19 24c 35c 20c 35c
    €29 24c 30c 20c 30c
    €49 18c 25c 20c 25c
    €79 18c 20c 20c 20c
    €99 18c 18c 20c 20c

Text €19 8c 11c 9c 13c
    €29 8c 11c 9c 13c
    €49 6c 11c 9c 13c
    €79 6c 11c 9c 13c
    €99 6c 11c 9c 13c

Don's seem that expensive, a lot better than their earlier out of bundle rates
    and better than the others unless the above is incorrect.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Meant the original tariffs, there cheaper for me anyways still on it

legacy-tariffs.jpg

outside bundle rates here page 4

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

€0.2111 per minute on cheapest plan. Not very good imho.

Tesco is €0.20 per min and you can call and text who you like and they have Irish CC.

As said earlier if they drop the Indians and opened an Irish CC they would clean up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

I'm on the €49 price plan (from the last price plans that is). I get 400mins and 200texts.

From using the "Find the best price plan" for the new Relax price plans, they recommend I go on the €79 price plan to get the same as above.

I think I'll stick on the price plan I'm on!

Also, for those waiting for the N95 or 8GB model, Three CS told me that they won't be getting in these phones anytime soon as they are having software issues.
    In saying that the same CS rep told me they will not be getting the N73 back in stock, yet its back in the online store. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

New price plans don't work out great for me,

my current package is

200 mins @ €29
    200 texts @ €10
    100 mb data @ €6

= €45

i tried replicating it under the new system under relax 350 and found

200 mins @ 200 units

180 texts @ 60 units

90mb data @ 90 units.

Total cost €49 per month. I loose 20 texts, 10 mb data and am paying extra for the privledge.Thats excluding the fact that I get a discount of 10% on the €29 of my plan.

I would describe the new tarrifs as a poor attempt to emulate their fantastic uk mix and match plans where i could get
    1 x SE k850
    350 mins
    350 text

for £26 per month which i make to be €32/33 depending on exchange rate. :-(

Some might be intested in noting that users can now offically add on a mobile broadband add on to give them 10 gigs of data for €20 per month and allow use of handset as a modem.

EDIT : Having looked again I could put on the mobile internet add on for €10 and I'd be getting a gig of data.
    When the figures are rejigged it means that I'd use

290 mins @ 290 units
    180 texts @ 60 units

= €49

+ mobile internet @ €10

= €59.

Whilst it does provide better value for money, it is forcing an increase in minimum monthly spend (clever stratagey, because previously addons could be added or removed and weren't part of your contract). I think I'll be staying where I am on my current priceplan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭Terrontress

They've got sliders on the website now where you choose the number of minutes, texts and megs you want and it recommends a plan. For my current 200 minutes, 0 texts and 250 megs it is recommending the ?79 price plan.

I currently pay ?39 for that, plus ?4 for free 3to3 so I am saving at least ?36. More given that the 3to3 is not unlimited on the new price plans.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

on 3pay i only use my phone for the internet. i have 1gb for €10 and i make a few calls in a month, say 20 mins so it costs me about €17 a month.

for 930mb of data and 20 mins its recommending me the €99 price plan :rolleyes:

try again 3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

Pretty rubbish really.
    They seem to get more expensive every time they change.
    I'll be sticking with the old 200 mins for 25 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭mkennedy

I thought their old plans were pretty decent- until they went and changed them.
    Kinda typical Three really-
    "If it ain't broke fix it til it is".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

mkennedy wrote: »
    I thought their old plans were pretty decent- until they went and changed them.
    Kinda typical Three really-
    "If it ain't broke fix it til it is".
    Sure im still on their original plans from 2005, very handy
    they don't make you change like just new customers can't choose them anymore...

Its a good concept but I think there making a bit of a balls of it.
    Better get back to the drawing board...

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Darando

Walkman wrote: »
    You do get free 3 to 3.
    On lower plan of €19 you get 90mins free 3 to 3, on next plan you get 150mins and on the rest you get 3000 free mins 3 to 3.
    Plans are great value if you compare to another network.

Eg
    o2 Active life 250: You get 250 mins and 100 text for a cost of €50
    on 3 Relax 350: You get 350 flexi units, if you take out 250 units for talk (equals 250 mins from o2) you are left with 100 units for text or 300 texts or 200 extra texts
    In short, o2 = 250 mins and 100 text, 3 = 250 mins and 300 text

But the best thing about O2 is that unused minutes/texts are carried over to the next month - on 3 they don't!

True, but they only carryn over for one month if you don't use your carried over allowance on the second month you loose it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭kelzer

On there web site they compare each of their new price plans with the competitors. Each price plan seems cheaper?

http://www.three.ie/priceplans/howwecompare.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I changed from talk 1000 to Relax 950 this morning....i'll save myslef 14.99 for my text message and 5.99 for my data add as I won't need them anymore....
    I've noticed i'm not using half as much minutes as I used to, a lot of of my friends have now made the jump to 3.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 teencitizen88

3 are only good for new customers. I tried to change my price plan 12 months into my contract (which you can do apparently) and they said I could as long as I'd be getting a more expensive offer which I didn't mind, but it had less texts than the offer I was already on! What's the point? I'll probably be leaving them because they're not giving existing customers good enough offers. Also their customer care isn't great.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

3 are only good for new customers. I tried to change my price plan 12 months into my contract (which you can do apparently) and they said I could as long as I'd be getting a more expensive offer which I didn't mind, but it had less texts than the offer I was already on! What's the point? I'll probably be leaving them because they're not giving existing customers good enough offers. Also their customer care isn't great.

and that right there is an example of them not being great. You can drop to a lower tariff after 6 months but they don't know that because they don't know anything

Advertisement