Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Cabbage .jar for phone, whee is it?

Options
  • 04-04-2008 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭

AFT wont install on my phone, N82, but on my old phone 6230i I have a working copy of Cabbage v1.0.0. I would like to try this on my N82 but can't find the jar file any where.

anybody know where I can find a copy, or any (almost) free SMS app for my phone.
    thanks

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,114 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Cabbage is only a windows application. What error are you getting when you try to install aft?

Edit: Is this what you are looking for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

On my mobile so cant link to the thread but should be on first or second page of this forum. The big one about a new desktop text program. A page or two from the end has links to a cabbage jar. I don't think vimes has set it up on his website yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

you can get it here:

http://cabaal.org/cabbage/cab2/Cabbage.jar

there are some bugs in it and its missing some features which is why i haven't linked to it on my site yet but its still usable.

the only bug that can cause problems is the following:

if you type a text, then press ok to get to the sending page, then press back to edit something the text will be blank. for reasons i won't get into, the text is still there but not visible. you shouldn't type a new text, go to the accounts page and then back to the text page and your text will magically appear again.

it's a fairly major bug that i haven't got around to fixing yet. i know what's wrong but i just haven't had the time to fix it yet :)

the way it causes problems is that if you go back to the page and its blank and you type your text again, it'll send the old one. the best thing until i fix it would be to just not press back after writing a message

jmccrohan wrote: »
    Cabbage is only a windows application. What error are you getting when you try to install aft?

Edit: Is this what you are looking for?

ah but its not :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭dohouch

@Sam Vimes: thaks for link for JAR. have it on N82 and is working OK.

@jmccrohan. AFT gets as far as "application manager" on phone but just doesn't install. Can't remember if there is a message or not, but now have Cabbage java and it's working OK.
    Thanks
    all

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,114 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    ah but its not :)
    A master of all languages now are ya? :p

A master of all languages now are ya? :p

oui. je comprends chaque langue :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭dohouch

What error are you getting when you try to install aft?

The message I get is "unable to install"

oui. je comprends chaque langue :p
    I was talking about programming languages :)

I was talking about programming languages :)

if (understandProgrammingLanguags==True)
    {
    System.out.println("I understand them too :)");
    }

• Advertisement

if (understandProgrammingLanguags==True)
    {
    System.out.println("I understand them too :)");
    }

#include <iostream>
    #include <string>
    using namespace std;

int main () {
    int i;
    string test_language;
    string list_languages[NUM_LANG];
    bool boolean_var;

for (i=0; i<NUM_LANG; i++)
    cin >> list_languages;

cout << "Enter a test language to see if Vimes knows it:" << endl;
    cin >> test_language;

boolean_var=1;

for(i=0;i<NUM_LANG;i++)
    if(list_languages != test_language)
    {
    boolean_var=0
    }

if (boolean_var=1)
    {
    cout << "Vimes knows every language" << endl;
    }
    else
    cout << "Vimes does not know every language" << endl;

return 0;
    }

make language_tester
    ./language_tester << list_of_all_known_languages.txt

I haven't been able to test it fully yet because I cant go to the else statement no matter what I enter :(

:p

that's because this line:
    if (boolean_var=1)
    should be:
    if (boolean_var==1)

the line you wrote sets boolean_var to 1 and then checks if the value is non zero, which it of course always is because you just set it to 1 :p :pac:

that's because this line:
    if (boolean_var=1)
    should be:
    if (boolean_var==1)

the line you wrote sets boolean_var to 1 and then checks if the value is non zero, which it of course always is because you just set it to 1 :p :pac:

Hahahahahahahahahah :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Right we really need to stop this... dohouch and random are probably getting email updates and wondering wtf is going on in that thread? "All I wanted was the link to the jar file" :D

Advertisement