Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help Needed - Used wrong email when booking Ryanair

Options
  • 04-04-2008 12:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭

As the title states,

I booked a flight to the UK earlier tonight using my credit card.

I think I made a mistake when entering my email adress.

I think I might have put in my old adress by mistake
    (stupidly I know but was by habit I typed it out).

I have not received the confirmation email from them and am worried
    that it has gone to my old adress which I no longer use and have no access too.

What should I do? I can't find any link on their site which deals with this
    issue?

would appreciate any advice.

thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Check your browser history. If you are lucky you may be able to browse the pages recently visited off-line. This might help identify the email address used and the booking reference number. At least if you have the booking reference you can ask Ryanair for a copy, fee payable of course. Not a full solution to your problem but it might be some help.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Why exactly do you need the confirmation email if you already have the booking reference?

If you don't have the reference you can get it over the phone or at the airport the day you travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

OP Do you have the booking ref number ( always a good thing to note down from the browser anyway ).

If you do that should be enough at check in , however why not go into ' manage my booking ' and then print out that page.

I don't use Ryanair that often ( usually EI ) but I imagine the ref number is enough, or a printout from ' manage my booking '

You may even be able to change the e-mail addr on there , don't know

Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭oddone

Davidth88 wrote: »
    OP Do you have the booking ref number ( always a good thing to note down from the browser anyway ).

If you do that should be enough at check in , however why not go into ' manage my booking ' and then print out that page.

I don't use Ryanair that often ( usually EI ) but I imagine the ref number is enough, or a printout from ' manage my booking '

You may even be able to change the e-mail addr on there , don't know

Good luck

I can't get the confirmation number unfortunately I didnt write it down
    when i booked as I presumed I'd get it in the email and you can't
    access the 'manage my booking' facility without it.

And contacting ryanair is turning out to be a nightmare

Just turn up earlier than usual at the airport and get it there. I've flown with them 3 times without knowing my reference but got it when I presented my passport at the ticket desk.

The only thing that can go wrong is if your flight is changed and don't get the email informing you of it...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Hawk Wing

All you need is your passport, the last 10 times I've flown with them its been sufficent

Hawk Wing wrote: »
    All you need is your passport, the last 10 times I've flown with them its been sufficent

Depends on how you get. I always just hand over my passport and I can't remember any more than 2 or 3 times (out of over 50) that I got away without having my booking reference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭lisaloo

very hard to get through to ****eair at the best of times. had trouble with them last time i flew. so log as you have paid for everything that you need to bags etc, i doubt you will have any problems with booking form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭oddone

Am sorted now, finally got through to someone on the phones,

thanks for your advice everyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sway220

I have a similar problem.Igave the wrong email address and never got my confirnation email.I have tried to conntact them on 0818303030(know it off by heart at this stage) and it is impossible to get threw to anyone.Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Check your credit card statement, the code will be on there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 elehelpme

Can somebody help me please...I also entered the wrong email address booking a flight..I eventually worked out that I had entered .co.uk instead of .com at the end of one of my email addresses...

So the confirmation has gone to someone else. I can access the booking in the "manage my bookings" area on ryan air, so I can see the confirmation number. However, I am worried that whoever has recieved the confirmation email will be able to change the booking for a flight for themselves. I know it is unlikely, but surely they have all the information they need in that email to change the flight?

Also I can't find anyway of changing the email address online and I cant phone the call centre because I am in Italy and I know it will cost too much money to phone and the chances of me getting through to anyone are slim anyway.

Have you tried sending an e-mail to it to

a) Check if it exists

b) Ask the person to forward you on the email

?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Is your email address even likely to have a matching one under an alternate domain? Most likely thing that happened is that Ryanairs email server got an automated bounce from some mail server when they couldn't find the domain/ name that you used.

The mail most likely never reached anyone and just disapeared into the ether.

Advertisement