Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are there any Gardai here!?

Options
  • 03-04-2008 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭

i need urgent help. i am doing a project for my leaving cert and i need to ask a member of an garda siochana some questions. problem is any time i have gone to the barracks,there was nobody around. so i am sure there is somebody on boards.ie that is a garda,if there is could you please help me by answering the following questions:

1. What training did this job require?
    2. What are the main subjects involved?
    3. How long was the course/training?
    4. What special requirements are needed?
    5. Is it a popular job?
    6. Was there any work experience?
    7. What were the exams like?
    8. Did you have any project work?
    9. Did you have continual assessment?
    10. Did you find the transition from training to the workplace difficult?
    11. What are the hours like?
    12.What are the breaks/holidays like?
    13. Describe a typical day?
    14. Does the job invole lots of people?
    15. What do you like most about the job.
    16. What do you dislike?Why?
    17. Is there variety in your work?
    18. Is it well paid!? (no need to specify,just Yes or No)
    19. If you had the chance to start again,would you choose the same career?

So could somebody please take a few minutes out of their time to help me,it would be greatly appreciated.

ps. If there is anyone that knows of a better section of the forums to put this could you please tell me,as i did not know where to put this to get a good response.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

Seems a bit lazy to me? Every time you go to the barracks (I assume you mean station?) there is nobody around? Do you live down the country or something ?

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭xo_CHEWY_ox

yea im living in a small village in county limerick,way outside the city. sorry,i meant station. i know it sounds lazy but this is my last resort. i really hope somebody here can help

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,644 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

If this is genuine, then you're probably better off booking an appointment to see someone in your local station.

Hoping someone will do your homework for you does smack of laziness and isn't really what this forum is for.

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement