Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I asking too much...

Options
  • 03-04-2008 1:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭

So, i bought a new phone the other day - Samsung U600 - and dont want to bother buying a bluetooth kit for car if a Satnav can do the job.

Also, my radio packed in so need to get a new radio, thats hopefully an MP3 too.

So heres my question, is there a Satnav on the market that also has bluetooth and MP3 built-in as I dont fancy having loads of crap messing up the dash board.

Also, does anyone know if the MP3 and or bluetooth works through its own speaker system and if it "hooks" into the car speakers?

I have a budget in mind of about €400 (considering about €100 for a new radio, and about €100 for a bluetooth kit)

(I also takes loads of pictures so would be great if there was a gadget that would store them too, but that might be too much to ask...lol)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

I know you bought the Samsung aleady but a Nokia N95 with a car kit would do everything. GPS, blutooth, MP3 player and 5MP camera.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭WexfordMusings

Thanks Steve.

I already have a good camera so dont have to worry about that, I was just wanting something handy to store some of my best pics to show off!!!

any more ideas anyone...

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Stealdo

The Garmin 700 series claims to do everything you're looking for. Has built in speaker with bluetooth for handsfree, MP3 player, photo viewer and while they don't "hook into" your car's speakers it does have an FM transmitter that allows you to send the instructions/calls/MP3 sound to your stereo if you get it sorted. From what's been said before you would need to invest in the external microphone attachment for these as the built in one apparently isn't up to much.

Available for €323 from http://www.mysatnav.ie/garmin-nuvi-710 with UK & Ireland maps - but shop around for the best price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭WexfordMusings

Thanks Stealdo,

will check that out. Would any of the 700 series do the job then, and would you recommend any one in particular? Assuing the higher nos. are newer models, are there any promlems with compatibility and updating maps etc or are the higher nos. even better

John

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Stealdo

I'm no expert - but as far as I know the numbers e.g. 7x0 are only related to the maps that are pre-loaded on the unit. 710= UK/IRL only, 750 = +EU and 770 = +US. The actual devices themselves are identical (except maybe for the amount of internal memory to handle the additional maps). So if you need EU/US maps then you'd need to go for the higher numbers, if UK/Ireland only the 710 is the best bet.

• Advertisement
Advertisement