Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the one million posts thread... reflections

Options
  • 03-04-2008 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭

by my calculations this is the 49th day of the threads existance...

there has been 2182 posts at the time of writing... so thats an average of 44 posts a day...

Taking 2182 away from one million, we get 997,818 posts remaining.
    Dividing this by 44 we find the total of days..

thats 22677 days until we reach the one million mark
    62.1 years at the current rate...

So... on Monday, 5 May 2070 we will finally reach the magic

ONE MILLION POSTS!!!!!!!

who will it be? who will still be alive? will it be one of our grandchildren??
    the forum is open for discussion

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 540 ✭✭✭FredH3as

who cares????

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

600px-Nuvola_apps_important_square.svg.png

I'm glad you started a new thread to bring this important matter to our attention.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Oman

i say go over to boards.tv, there we're counting to 100,000 which by your calculations should be reached by the year 2015, no thats a much nicer date

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

These posts could have been put to good use in the 'Let's count to a million' thread instead of being wasted here on an utterly pointless thread!:mad::D

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 30,165 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

ah but you don't take into account the development of new technologies

in roughly 6 and 1/2 years the telepathic input devices will make it possible to make multiple posts in seconds, just by thinking about it, the time travel and microwave forum is very useful for this type of info

Also if you want something done, you should do it yourself
    setup two accounts on boards, the time limit will let you post every 30 seconds with each account, 4 posts a minute, 240 an hour, 5760 a day, 173 days later you'll have reached a million, way quicker than waiting for a fast telepathy machine, even with a 12 hour day you could be done in about a year. If you dont have the time, out source to china for a few dollars a day and you'll be laughing

you could also write a script to post for you of course but what would be the fun of that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭simonrooneyzaga

eolhc wrote: »
    ah but you don't take into account the development of new technologies

in roughly 6 and 1/2 years the telepathic input devices will make it possible to make multiple posts in seconds, just by thinking about it, the time travel and microwave forum is very useful for this type of info

ah.. but the rules clearly state that no poster can post twice in a row! so unless this telepathic input device is rigged up to work in tandem with another boardian then were screwed!!!:eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭green123

just noticed this thread after i posted a similar calucuation in the actual thread itslef.
    i was being generous and said if they pick up the pace a little it would take 50 years.

they are all idiots
    stop this nonsense

thats not cuckoo's nest speak!

If you're taking this seriously, then you are in the wrong place!

SeriousCat.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Matt Holck

I feel like Columbus when he found out he miscalculated the size of the earth

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

green123 wrote: »
    just noticed this thread after i posted a similar calucuation in the actual thread itslef.
    i was being generous and said if they pick up the pace a little it would take 50 years.

they are all idiots
    stop this nonsense

1383171119_c83255308a_o.jpg

green needs to calm down and reassess his options

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

the real question is will the OP of the thread be still alive when it hits its target??? cause otherwise tis just an awful waste!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

The really real question is why has IRISHSPORTSGUY only managed eleven posts in one of the most important threads known to humankind!

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

ah.. but the rules clearly state that no poster can post twice in a row! so unless this telepathic input device is rigged up to work in tandem with another boardian then were screwed!!!:eek::eek:

Simple One take odd one take even and post every 30 seconds. Sorted!!!!

king-stew wrote: »
    the real question is will the OP of the thread be still alive when it hits its target??? cause otherwise tis just an awful waste!!

i sure do hope so!! although with my drinking and smoking habbits its unlikely.. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

well what are the current predictions for achievement of the million mark...

about 20 years I worked it out at

if the number of posters continue to increase as it has done in recent weeks it could be as short as ten years :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Matt Holck

sigh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭im_invisible

ive resisted the temptation so far, but you could be doing worse things on the internet in life
    :pac:O O O O O

• Advertisement

Matt Holck wrote: »
    sigh
    bgrn661l.jpg

Advertisement