Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sliocht translations for the Irish Oral

Options
  • 03-04-2008 9:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

Has anyone been given translations for the Sliochtanna in the Oral?

They tell you to put emotion & feeling into your reading as to not bore the scrúdaitheoir to tears!
    But I don't know what words / sentences to emphasize when I don't know what I'm reading!

I'm preparing Sliocht 1, 2, 6, 10 & 15, so if any of ye have been given these translations & wouldn't mind sharing them, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
    BB

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭stripypumkin

hey don't wory about translations! If you have the book "an dtuigeann tu" they have the words written the way they sound underneath!

All you have to do is stop at full stops, pause at commas, if there is inverted commons talk as if u are talkin to someone eg raise your voice and don't rush through it..take your time!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

hey don't wory about translations! If you have the book "an dtuigeann tu" they have the words written the way they sound underneath!
    Seriously?? I know I'm biased being a Gaelgoir, but that's deplorable....

Anyway, why not have a go of trying to understand what they mean yourself, BoozyBabe? It would be good for your Irish too.

If you do need translations of certain words/phrases, feel free to PM me, I'd be happy to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭BoozyBabe

Well, as I said, I'm doing 1 & 2. Tried to dechipher the 1st one & I was going "what the hell!!!!", until I realised it's Munster Irish & I'm from Ulster!!!!!
    The one about going on to England, that's easy, but I'm not sure about the rest. I'll have go.

Thanks,
    BB

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭irish_boy90

you should be able to figure out what they mean't the first time you read them.
    Well I think ordinary have to do them too.
    Worry more about saying it right, than putting alot of felling into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭BoozyBabe

Well of course I know what's going on in each of the passages, that's easy!
    Plus, I have the pronunciation sorted out.
    It's the:- in which sentence was the person angry, shocked, etc, etc.....
    Now, I'm not planning the whole big dramatic, expressive recital, but just knowing when to correctly change the tone of my voice would help a lot

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

http://zulunotes.com/wiki/index.php/Sliocht

There ya go... in irish and in english... all of 'em! :D

Advertisement