Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor - Different Deals Online Than Instore?

Options
  • 03-04-2008 1:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,966 ✭✭✭✭

Well I bought the Samsung G600 in the end from Meteor. When I was in the Henry Street branch and was choosing between the w610i or the G600 I'm pretty sure that the sales assistant mentioned that it came with a free bluetooth headset. It mentions this on the Meteor website as well.

They didn't have the G600 in Henry Street so I went to Grafton street and didn't get the headset with it. I asked the sales assistant and he said that it was an online offer only. Is this the case? Would the fact that I have bought it as an upgrade, rather than a new customer have made any difference?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,966 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Any idea's?

Ehhh anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

^^ Online offers differs most of the time with what you get in store. Its the case with all the network providers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭netopia789

ya its the same what vodafone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

eo980 wrote: »
    Well I bought the Samsung G600 in the end from Meteor. When I was in the Henry Street branch and was choosing between the w610i or the G600 I'm pretty sure that the sales assistant mentioned that it came with a free bluetooth headset. It mentions this on the Meteor website as well.

They didn't have the G600 in Henry Street so I went to Grafton street and didn't get the headset with it. I asked the sales assistant and he said that it was an online offer only. Is this the case? Would the fact that I have bought it as an upgrade, rather than a new customer have made any difference?

The G600 was intially bundled with a bluetooth headset. Since christmas time, those packs have disappeared. Having said that, the price has fallen as well.

• Advertisement

Ahhh fair enough. Thanks very much gentlemen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭su_dios

Bought a u600 as a present for my gf yesterday and noticed that the g600 says on the description thing in store that it comes with a bluetooth handset. Go to henry street and get them to ring up grafton street store.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

neilled wrote: »
    The G600 was intially bundled with a bluetooth headset. Since christmas time, those packs have disappeared. Having said that, the price has fallen as well.

Exactly. The price came down from over 150e to 49e. That's one expensive headset! Still comes with the 1gig SD card though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

chrislad wrote: »
    Still comes with the 1gig SD card though.

these days, those are worth about the same as a packet of matches

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

One other thing, most phone stores set targets for staff in relation to selling accessories, rather than scrap for a bog standard bluetooth you might look at getting a discount off a higher spec model?

• Advertisement

chrislad wrote: »
    Exactly. The price came down from over 150e to 49e. That's one expensive headset! Still comes with the 1gig SD card though.

Really? Mine came with a 512MB!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

eo980 wrote: »

Generally, the online stores are run as seperate businesses to the stores, so while they both have the "network" wide offers, they may have their own retail/ online specific ones, and technically they are in competition with each other.

Bear in mind I don't know if this model is exaactly Meteors- but its the way alot of mobile companies work.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

meteor's online store is a completely separate sales channel to the retail stores. you're actually buying the handsets directly from sigma wireless when buying online - hence items cannot be returned to stores. it's commonplace with all the networks for different channels to offer slightly different deal eg. business customers get ass massages with their phones coz they spend so much

Advertisement