Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tomtom One V3 stuck as splash screen - help!

Options
  • 03-04-2008 12:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭

As you can see from above, my Tomtom One V3 is stuck at the splash screen.

I've no idea why this happened, apart from maybe being disconnected prematurely from PC (although Im usually very careful with stuff like this) I use the menu Device > Disconnect Device every time and it disconnects ok but still stuck at splash.

It connects to Tomtom home ok and shows up as a removeable drive no problem - when I try to use it as a GPS though is when it falls down.

What it does exactly are - show tomtom logo, play drum sound, show hard drive icon and load bar, show splash screen, change screen brightness (I suppose to match last settings used) and that's it.

Steps I've taken so far to try and resolve this include:
    - Reset using reset hole under device (held 30 secs) - (many times and No joy)
    - used windows to check disk for bad sectors/errors,none found
    - restored from tomtom home on PC (although possibility backed up after it crashed so could be moot anyway) .
    - backed up folders, formatted unit, reinstalled folders.
    - removed my custom splash screen, safety cameras, voices
    - removed tomtom application and reinstalled - still stuck at splash screen

In my opinion - as the disk was checked and formatted - it's not a hardware glitch but it's falling over somewhere at boot time, as if it has a corrupt boot file.

I've looked at this site:
    http://www.opentom.org/TomTom_ONE_3rd_Edition
    where it describes the boot process but I'd like to know exactly what file(s) are supposed to be initialised once the splash screen has shown and what the default settings are for them.

Could anybody offer an insight into the possible problem - or maybe if they know what the process is for booting (very very long shot I know :) )

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

sounds like you got a corrupt file alright...have you tried tomtom support?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Velocitee

I solved the problem - by taking it back to the shop and getting my money back! :)

I did get on to the support and they were helpful but the solution didn't work for my one and I was sick of trying to fix it so I took it back.

For anyone who does have this problem though - they have a clear flash tool on the site which clears the internal memory - this actually helped the gps along as i got the load bar for the application after the splash screen but the device reset after this.

Anyway cheers for the help Lex!

V

Advertisement