Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TRS difficulty

Options
  • 02-04-2008 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Well i bought an apartment with partner couple months back, since then i havetaken a job up in Derry so no longer pay tax in Republic.

What way will that work with our TRS? Due to get the keys this week and he broker told us we would be looking at roughly 300 back in TRS. But now only my partner pays tax in Republic so can anyone tell me what we can expect back now if at all possible?:confused:

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 scitilop

Are you still living in the apartment? TRS is paid on your primary residence, regardless of whether or not you work (e.g. Students with zero income are paid TRS if they pay a mortgage). Therefore, you would still be entitled to receive TRS.

However, if you are now living in NI, you technically need to tell revenue that you are no longer living in the house and TRS will only be paid to your partner. If this is the case, and if you are both first time buyers (again, I am assuming here), the TRS paid would be exactly half.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Who bought the house or was it purchased jointly?

Advertisement