Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skydive

Options
  • 02-04-2008 10:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Im already preparing for a tandem skydive for CCRT Cancer research and suicide prevention at the end of this month.. Cannot wait as it's something i have always wanted to do!! i was wondering has anyone done it here in Ireland before, fill me in with the good stuff, help me get me all hyped up!! :D:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 sharkgirl

Hey!
    Whereabouts are you doing the jump?
    I did a solo static line jump in offaly a while ago and I can honestly it was the best thing Ive ever done! Such a buzz!
    I cant really comment on the tandems except to say I know LOADS of people who have done it and ALL enjoyed every second! The instructors are all really experienced and anyone I know who did a tandem all said they were great and made them feel very at ease!
    After your tandem do a solo and then you'll really get the bug! Im dying to do another one!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭eclectictrek

Cool, thanks for getting back to me, It is in Offally yeah.. Ah sounds cool, really looking forward to it.. Good to hear about the instructors too!!

Think il take it one step at a time with the solo one ha!:p Im gon have to build myself up for this one first but cannot wait!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

iv done 6 statics and the first level of the AFF course and all i can say is forget about the statics.......

get up and spend you money on a free fall course it is 1000 times better than static really is!!:eek:

sounds scary but the level of training you get in ground school is excellent so you are full of confidence!!

the tandem should give you a feel for free falling. you'll get the bug and that will be it you'll be hooked:D

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭bobtjustice

Can't recommend skydiving in highly enough, done it in Fiji it was breathtaking..... bricking it going up in the plane..then major rush jumping out...
    My advice, go as high as you possibly can we jumped from 12,000 when we could have went to 14 its over very very quickly....the free fall bit I mean.
    Anyway enjoy it..!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭foxshooter243

It will be a huge rush youll really enjoy it, i did 14 jumps with both round and square chutes in my younger days , was training for free fall but the club lost access to an aircraft and that was that..but i still think back to my first solo jump and the great craic there is in parachuting..have fun!:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement