Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Still Getting Paid

Options
  • 02-04-2008 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

Hi

Hoping someone can advice etc...

I was being paid Illness Benefit for more or less since October.

I sent in my final Benefit Slip / Return To Work about 5 weeks ago to the Social Welfare Office.

They are still paying me though - When I say they I mean the Local Community Office (Welfare Officer)

I only noticed it today to be honest so any advice what I should do? I actually don't really have it to pay back even at the minute.. :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,524 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

call to the welfare officer id say the cert has been mislaid and u were on monthly certs so it will stop next week or so then they will write to you

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭nojunkmaill

Thanks for your reply..

I was on weekly certs but I don't think the Social Welfare were ever paying me.
    I didn't have enough PRSI contributions and they were meant to be checking my UK records as I had worked there previously and built up contributions there.

I think it was the Local Community Welfare Office that were paying me although I never sent them anything - All my stuff was sent to the Social Welfare

• Registered Users Posts: 78,352 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Phone or call into Social Welfare. I imagine they will want repayment, but will probably be understanding.

Advertisement