Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dentistry Abroad

Options
  • 02-04-2008 4:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi,
    I have to get an old root canal job removed and an implant put in its place. I have received two quotes from two different dentists in Dublin between 3,300 and 4,000 euro for the job.

I'm just wondering if anyone has gone abroad to get dental work done?

I have heard that Germany is about 3 times cheaper than Ireland and even that N.Ireland is much cheaper.

Has anybody got any dental work done overseas?

(apologies if this is this is the incorrect forum)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

cheaper quotes than mine, mine was 6 grand :eek:

N.ireland like you said is the cheap.

maybe move this out of AH tho:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Susannahmia

dental Q wrote: »
    Hi,
    I have to get an old root canal job removed and an implant put in its place. I have received two quotes from two different dentists in Dublin between 3,300 and 4,000 euro for the job.

I'm just wondering if anyone has gone abroad to get dental work done?

I have heard that Germany is about 3 times cheaper than Ireland and even that N.Ireland is much cheaper.

Has anybody got any dental work done overseas?

(apologies if this is this is the incorrect forum)

You should try posting this or getting this moved to the dental fourum

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Moved from After Hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Pfft, just try the Trinity Dental Hospital, they do work for the cost price of the materials used basically. Got what could have been a 600 plus job in Eastern Europe (judging by the websites I looked at) dont for a 35 pre assesment price and 70 for treatment. Save your money for a holiday out East where your teeth wont be numb/in pain the whole period.

Oh yeah, and the TCD hospital students are fookin gawjus which is another plus :pac: A nice pair of brown eyes has a surprising calming effect when she has to jab a needle in your left and right top gum :eek::mad::o

Advertisement