Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glenamuck Road Improvements

Options
  • 02-04-2008 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Anyone the status of glenamuck road and when it will be re-opened??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭OTK

Due to reopen on 1st May this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

i bet you 50c its in Dublin.....anywhere else in the country ansd you would have told us where it is:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

corktina wrote: »
    i bet you 50c its in Dublin.....anywhere else in the country ansd you would have told us where it is:)

You'll never believe it, corktina...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭ipodrocker

corktina wrote: »

yeah its in dublin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

my Irish isnt good...glaenamuck? Valley of the Pigs.....??? :rolleyes::D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭green123

when did it close ?
    isnt that the road from the m50 up to kilternan ( palmers , golden ball ) ?
    if so i drove up it last saturday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭OTK

Glenamuck Road runs from the junction of Brighton Road, Cornelscourt Hill Road and Brennanstown Road across the M50 and along to the Enniskerry Road (Golden Ball). The section between the M50 and the Brighton Road junction has been closed since August last year. This means you can't exit the M50 at the Carrickmines exit to reach Foxrock/Cornelscourt/Cabinteely. the road is closed while a Luas bridge is being built for the Sandyford-Cherrywood extension.

It doesn't look anywhere near finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,349 ✭✭✭✭Victor

http://www.rpa.ie/luas/about_luas/line_b1
    Glenamuck Bridge and Road Upgrade Works
    Works are progressing well at Glenamuck. The majority of the bridge superstructure is now complete. Works on the remaining wing walls and the new road boundary walls are in progress. Please note that for safety reasons, all cyclists must dismount from their bicycles while utilising the dedicated footpath and mopeds or motorised transport are not permitted at anytime on this footpath.

http://www.rpa.ie/cms/download.asp?id=661

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Aquavid

Some photos of how it looked a month ago here. Looked very far from ready.

I will revisit today, and update later.

Aquavid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Aquavid

OK, have done an update on the LUAS extension with several photos of Glenamuck Road, also a "then and now" of Brewery Road.

You can see it http://allaboutbuses.wordpress.com/2008/04/05/luas-update-cherrywood-extension/ .

IMHO, looks unlikely that Glenamuck Road will be ready to reopen by May 1st, especially given the amount of work to be done putting the road over the bridge.

Aquavid

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

There is a lot of new estates going in there. Some will require works to Glenamuck Road. Some wont.

I would say that there is going to be road distributions along there for a good while yet

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭maclek

"Dún Laoghaire Rathdown County Council has received an application from The Rail Procurement Agency on behalf of contractor Laing O’Rourke for an extension to the current road closure until the 26th May, 2008."

:mad:

http://www.dlrcoco.ie/Roads/GlenamuckRoadExtend.htm

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

maclek wrote: »
    "Dún Laoghaire Rathdown County Council has received an application from The Rail Procurement Agency on behalf of contractor Laing O’Rourke for an extension to the current road closure until the 26th May, 2008."

http://www.dlrcoco.ie/Roads/GlenamuckRoadExtend.htm

Can the public make submissions on this?

I read some were that alot of this things are influenced by public input

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭ipodrocker

thats great more delays, i see its due to problems getting a water main part, you would think they would of sorted the problem alot sooner, also was down there and the bridge for the luas looks well, wouldnt be surprised if we have to wait longer to use the road

• Registered Users Posts: 9 neel2150

I was up at the Glenamuck Rd last Friday and asked the workers when the road was due to reopen. They informed me it would be 2 weeks before it is reopened. I pass the road every day and it looks very close to being completed.

It's open.

They have a sign out saying open 2 weeks early. Complete BS.

Nice road though. Hope they do a semi decent job on the landscaping.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Somebody give Dublin Bus Donnybrook Garage a ring to tell them.......The 63 is free to rock and roll again !!! :pac: :pac: :pac:

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

Ah sure the notice about the diversion came down about a month ago. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

The glenamuck road is closed again :(
    I was coming off the M50 at junction 15 to go to kilternan. There is a 8km diversion around the ballyogan road up through stepaside. The diversion route also has roadworks throughout its length and stop go systems in place. It took me an extra 20 mins to get to kilternan from the M50. Anyone any ideas when Glenamuck road will re-open? I cannot find anything on the web. Its only closed since this morning. been fine for past weeks. (apart from an annoying stop start system):(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

unreal.. closed for 2 months!!!

Section 75 of the Roads Act, 1993

Temporary Closure of Glenamuck Road South

It is intended to temporarily close Glenamuck Road from the junction with Rockville Drive to the junction with Enniskerry Road to through traffic in order to carry out essential road reconstruction works.

The dates of the intended closure are from Monday 30th June, 2008 to Sunday 31st August, 2008, both dates inclusive.

Local Access will be maintained at all times. The alternative route will be via Enniskerry Road, Kilgobbin Road, Ballyogan road and vice versa.

A Traffic Plan will be in operation and diversions will be signposted.

Any interested person may lodge an objection , in writing, with the Senior Engineer, Traffic Division, Department of Transportation, Dun Laoghaire Rathdown County Council, 1, Harbour Square, Crofton Road, Dun Laoghaire not later than 12 noon on Friday 20 th June, 2008.

• Advertisement

That's the other side of the m50. I went up Glenamuck North this afternoon and it is still open.

This closure is to last until the end of August, so it should be open by Christmas.:)

Here's the info:
    http://www.dlrcoco.ie/Roads/GlenamuckRoad_South_June2008.htm

Note also http://www.dlrcoco.ie/Roads/GlenamuckRd_SpeedLimitChange_June2008.htm

Section 10 of the Road Traffic Act, 2004

Change of Speed Limit on Glenamuck Road

Notice is hereby given that in exercise of the powers vested under Section 10 of the Road Traffic Act, 2004 and in the interests of Road Safety, Dún Laoghaire Rathdown County Council propose to apply a Road Speed Limit order of 30km/h as follows:

On Glenamuck Road North 90m south from its junction with Brennanstown Road to 15m north of its junction with Castleview.

The Speed Limit Reduction is to facilitate finishing Glenamuck Road Improvement Scheme – completing walls, footpaths, cyclelanes, public lighting etc.

The Speed Limit of 30km/h shall apply for a period from 29th May, 2008 to 29th August, 2008.

Representation in relation to this Order may be made writing to the undersigned:

Mr. Thomas Loftus,
    Director of Transportation,
    Dun Laoghaire Rathdown County Council,
    1, Harbour Square,
    Crofton Road,
    Dun Laoghaire,
    Co. Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,392 ✭✭✭fletch

maclek wrote: »
    They have a sign out saying open 2 weeks early. Complete BS.
    Wondered the same myself.....I remember the signs up last year saying that it would re-open in April '08 so I make that a month late, not early.

Anybody else find all the new little roundabouts going down the hill into Cabinteely infuriating! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,441 ✭✭✭✭Alun

fletch wrote: »
    Anybody else find all the new little roundabouts going down the hill into Cabinteely infuriating! :mad:
    A little bit, but it breaks it up making speeding virtually impossible, which happened a fair bit before.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,392 ✭✭✭fletch

Alun wrote: »
    A little bit, but it breaks it up making speeding virtually impossible, which happened a fair bit before.
    True I suppose. Just feels like an assault course or something as the road was already narrow enough but I'm sure it makes it easier for people exiting their housing estates.

There's a large primary school just off the bottom of the hill. Before the roundabouts went in you'd often see trucks coming off the m50 going down the hill at around 80. Surprised no one was killed.

Since Glenamuck Road re-opened the amount of traffic on Brennanstown Road has gone up significantly, it really backs up in Cabinteely village. Damn rat runners.:)

I wish the council would give up on the whole signalized one way system on Brennanstown Road and just put in some speed humps. Speed humps are evil but they're needed there. (not to be confused with speed bumps, which are jump plain evil)

Glenamuck road has had a one way signal controlled section in place since July. It backs trafiic up on to the roundabout.

How long are they planning on keeping this up? They dug a hole across one lane that appears to be a few feet wide and have left it there for 6 weeks. Couldn't they just put a metal plate on top of the hole until they need access again?

The council should fine the muppets at Laing O'Rourke for not properly opening the road on time.

Advertisement