Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobs in dundalk

Options
  • 02-04-2008 1:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭

I've just moved to dundalk from waterford a little while ago and I'm having difficulty getting a job, I'm returning to college in September and in the meantime I need a full time or near full time job 'til then but outside the immediate centre of town I don't really know where to go. I've looked loads but I'm not familiar with a lot of the town. Anyone know somewhere that's looking or that looks for people regularly? I'm looking for just something like a shop, telecoms, maybe restaurant, stuff like that. any help would be really appreciated xxx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭miceal

Have you tried Vodafone call center?

Or Boylesports?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Try the icedome too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

Hotels are usually a good bet with a wide range of jobs usually available.

I would try the Fairways Hotel as they are usually hiring (0429321500) or the Crown Plaza, they were hiring staff a while ago but not sure at the minute. Vodafone is probably a good place to try as well.

Gd Luck

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭DundalkDuffman

The social welfare is looking for someone officey for 3 months to cover maternity leave if that may be up your street

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭DamoDLK

Did you manage to find anything yet? I used to live in Waterford up until lasy yr!!(t'was great)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 JulieMac

Hi there Jennifur from W/ford - just wondering if u managed 2 secure any work in D/dalk............:)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭JenniFurr

nope not as of yet :( think it's just a bad time of year though. I'm still looking, hoping more places will start needing people for the summer soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭mise_me_fein

Abrakababra are always on the look out for staff.

Try there maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 JulieMac

Do u have use of a car?
    It's much easier to find work outside the town ie Ballymac (actually, they provide a taxi service if u work late at nite...) Fitzpatrick's, Carlingford, The Carrickdale hotel.
    U have more of a chance if u find out the manager's name beforehand and personally hand him/her your CV (u need a CV for any job nowadays) - even if u get a few days here & there at first, you're in & other things will lead on from that.
    It's easier to find a decent job when u r in some sort of employment......

U have to be brave & go to places even if they aren't advertising for staff - sth will come up.........

let us know when (not 'if') u get sth............

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Abrakababra are always on the look out for staff.

Try there maybe?

Or Friar Tucks

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭astonvanilla

what about somewhere like atlanic homecare or dunnes... not glamourous but would suffice i'm sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭miceal

Vodafone hiring at the minute

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 gisawear

Try http://www.brubakers.ie/employment.php
    its a nice place to work. I have done for the past few summers while in college and they've been great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

http://www.louthjobs.ie

^- disclaimer, I own this website

Advertisement