Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Goldendisks 4 euro clearout

Options
  • 02-04-2008 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭

Dvd's and cd's - going in myself today

http://www.goldendiscs.ie/

some good titles - eddie murphy raw

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Thanks might drop in later, forgot Golden Disks were still around. It's been years since I've been a real record shop!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Some good value dvd's there,will have to pop in.god damn work stopping me from buying dvd's i dont need

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

Both Golden Discs in Limerick vanished without so much as a closing down sale. I wonder if the whole franchise is going.

I was just about to go to Golden Discs in the Cresent, Limerick. Are you saying they're gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭steve 0

Think the 1 in Galway is on the way out too.
    Oracle wrote: »
    Thanks might drop in later, forgot Golden Disks were still around. It's been years since I've been a real record shop!
    Don't think you're the only one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Any sign of games in the fire sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

Just back,

Not impressed - FROM 4 euro.
    THe cheapest thing they have is 5 and could not find anything worth lifting for that....

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

I was just about to go to Golden Discs in the Cresent, Limerick. Are you saying they're gone?

Yes they are gone Oracle. I was in there a couple of weeks ago and they were clearing out the shop... they didnt even announce it. at first I thought they might be refurbishing but now the shop is empty.

OK thanks for posting and saving me a journey. That's a shame, I suppose it's inevitable because of the online stores. Zavvi in the Crescent seem to be doing a bomb though, they always look busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Golden Discs in "shock Bargain Alert"?

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,617 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Golden Discs in "shock Bargain Alert"

Was thinking the same thing myself.
    Wonder how many people will read the thread out of curiousity when they
    see the title?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

They have a store in the Jetland centre that is running the clearout sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

pile of crud in the cork merchants quay store as well. the brand is still very much alive in cork, theres also a store in wilton.

Kess73 wrote: »
    They have a store in the Jetland centre that is running the clearout sale.

Thanks Kess, I'll check Jetland out. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭thecountessp

There's very little left in the Galway store, they're bulking out the display with some naff framed prints. It's been on the way out for a while now. What with the remaining Zhivagos and HMV, there's not much call for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭iwincosimcool

i got pretty woman for 4 euro and lost in translation for 6 euro in stephens green one

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

i got pretty woman for 4 euro and lost in translation for 6 euro in stephens green one

they saw you coming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭bill_ashmount

they saw you coming.

lol

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

lol

:D Have to agree - they must have massive windows.

Advertisement