Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you return it?

Options
  • 02-04-2008 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭

Looking for a couple of opinions on this.

I received a nuvi 250 yesterday from a UK online retailer. Decent price, very reasonable (and quick) delivery costs compared to most and most importantly to me pre-loaded with the 2008 (v10) maps. The only thing being it's not pre-loaded with the 2008 maps it has v9. As you can imagine I'm pretty peeved about this as it was the main reason in choosing this seller over others. Now I'm not one for going out of my way on principal, I've already contacted the retailer and am awaiting a response. My question is from a purely convenience point of view, would people return the product and go looking for a pre-loaded version elsewhere, or just complain as much as possible to the seller and wait for the DVD?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Stealdo wrote: »
    Looking for a couple of opinions on this.

I received a nuvi 250 yesterday from a UK online retailer. Decent price, very reasonable (and quick) delivery costs compared to most and most importantly to me pre-loaded with the 2008 (v10) maps. The only thing being it's not pre-loaded with the 2008 maps it has v9. As you can imagine I'm pretty peeved about this as it was the main reason in choosing this seller over others. Now I'm not one for going out of my way on principal, I've already contacted the retailer and am awaiting a response. My question is from a purely convenience point of view, would people return the product and go looking for a pre-loaded version elsewhere, or just complain as much as possible to the seller and wait for the DVD?

They'll probably start off asking you to return it, with you paying for it. Much as I'd be annoyed at them advertising one thing and sending another, I'd get the update DVD seeing as its freee. If I had to pay it would be a different matter.

Advertisement