Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Translator Job

Options
  • 02-04-2008 8:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

A friend of mine is looking to change jobs and move into the field he was working in before he moved to Ireland. He is Turkish & German and is hoping to move into the area of translating as a job. He has a degree in Linguistics and worked as a translator for the Trukish judiciary before he moved to Ireland, with this experience and fluency in Turkish, German, English he should have no problem getting a job in translating (or so I would think). The only problem is that we don't know where to look for those kinds of jobs in Ireland. Can anyone make any suggestions even for maybe online-contracting etc.

Dave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

proz.com is an online translators forum that I'd hope everyone knows about

In Dublin ... there are if memory serves me correctly
    SDL
    Lionbridge
    Vistatec

In Galway ... there is
    Merril Brink Internation

In Cork the only one I can think of is
    Oísín

Failing all those you can try any german institutes ... (I know the Alliance for French normally will keep peoples names if you approach them)

You'll of course find lots of smaller agencies as well

Best of luck with it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭PDD

Cheers for the Feedback Forbait, much appreciated :-)

Advertisement