Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An odd question

Options
  • 01-04-2008 11:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭

This is mainly directed at ex military/current military lads on the boards, or anyone with good knowledge of the world military.

Im doing a bit of personal research mainly out of curiosity and i want to learn about the Spanish Army/Military in general, i want peoples opinions, some facts would be nice as well.

Some things i would like to know, how good is their training, equipment,morale are they respected by the other military forces in particular the PDF? is there any dealings between the Spanish military and the PDF? also you yourself what do you think of it?

Are the Spanish legion and Marines (Oldest Marine establishment in the world) respected?

yea so please reply, and no trolls or stupid comments i dont want this to turn into that SAS thread...

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Oilrig

My first interaction with these guys was Macedonia '01/02. The mission was unique in that it was the first one the Germans had led.

Many NATO countries involved, daily security meetings were held in the EU office. Spain sent a Captain (nice guy) everyone else had Colonel & upwards.

Chair was an IRL Colonel.

A touch naive would be my take on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Cato

Oilrig wrote: »
    My first interaction with these guys was Macedonia '01/02. The mission was unique in that it was the first one the Germans had led.

Many NATO countries involved, daily security meetings were held in the EU office. Spain sent a Captain (nice guy) everyone else had Colonel & upwards.

Sorry what was naive? :confused: thanks

keep the comments coming please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Chuck U Farley

[FONT=&quot]I have been on a few joint navel exercises with Spain, it is very noticeable in the past few years since Spain has done away with their [/FONT][FONT=&quot]compulsory military service [/FONT][FONT=&quot]rules they have become more professional. Their marines and legion are well equipped and well maintained (lots of U.S. hardware). Spain has almost 25000 service men and women serving in the Air Force. La Guardia Civil (militarised police Force) is used as Spain’s interior police force provides land, sea, air defence and policing. In all I would say Spain has a professional defence force and has equally matched Ireland for respect given whilst on U.N. duties.[/FONT]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Oilrig wrote: »

You've made my head spin :D

:confused:

Bump for anyone who served with UNIFIL II.

Advertisement