Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia N95 & WIFI

Options
  • 01-04-2008 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭

I've got a Nokia N95 8gb and Eircom Broadband at home, can I access the internet through my Nokia N95 with the Eircom Broadband rather than my Vodafone package and if so, how?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,932 ✭✭✭dodzy

I've got a Nokia N95 8gb and Eircom Broadband at home, can I access the internet through my Nokia N95 with the Eircom Broadband rather than my Vodafone package and if so, how?

I take it that you have a wireless router with your broadband setup at home. If not, you need one. If you have, happy days ;-)

On the N95 select- Menu / tools / WLAN wizard. Reasonably straight forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

and does anyone know how to correct an incorrect wep key entry, I have tried and for the life of me it will not let me delete or go back in to correct it.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

nanook wrote: »
    and does anyone know how to correct an incorrect wep key entry, I have tried and for the life of me it will not let me delete or go back in to correct it.

not sure about the WEP key (have WPA on my router) but you can remove the "access point" as follows:

menu > tools > settings > select connection > access points

highlight your SSID > options > delete

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

not sure about the WEP key (have WPA on my router) but you can remove the "access point" as follows:

menu > tools > settings > select connection > access points

highlight your SSID > options > delete

my hero, thank you soo much for that, I knew I had done something wrong as i used an open connection today and it worked fine

Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭long_b

OP, because you're with Eircom for broadband you can get free wifi around phone boxes !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Ms Inquisitive

Thanks for that, got it all sorted! After I found the WLAN Wizard it was a matter of seconds when it was working!

Phone Boxes, are there any of these even around Ireland anymore?

Advertisement