Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are bras smaller in La Senza?

Options
  • 01-04-2008 8:18pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I got a bra in my usual size in La Senza the other day and found it's actually a little small in cup size. I bought another one a few days later, in the next cup size up, and it fits much better but still is a tiny bit small on the cup size. Has anyone else found this, or are my boobs just getting bigger? :pac:

The band size is fine.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I had to get the next band size up but the same cup as it was far too tight and the next cup size up just wasn't right.
    I know they are known for being small anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Papillon87

To be honest I haven't bothered with La Senza since I was about 15....my boobs just spilled over their bras and weren't supported at all. Also the quality of material is very poor in my opinion. But I digress, yes I believe the sizes are smaller than the standardised bra sizes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

my my, i must be the only la senza fan..i love it and whenever i get up to dublin i stock up..im a large cup size but they are the only bras i can find that actually fit comfortably! i dont know if the sizes have changed tho,i havent noticed

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Papillon87 wrote: »
    To be honest I haven't bothered with La Senza since I was about 15....my boobs just spilled over their bras and weren't supported at all. Also the quality of material is very poor in my opinion. But I digress, yes I believe the sizes are smaller than the standardised bra sizes.

Meh, you're not exactly paying top dollar for their stuff either. I just bought these bras because they were really eye catching. I'm obsessed with underwear, and have at least 1 bra in every colour, so now I buy patterned ones that catch my eye like this and this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

Yeah definately, they are much smaller than other labels!! Great when ya get the right size though

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Yep they are small, and I don't have a huge bust, but they are always a bit small when I try them on..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

Yep, la Senza bra sizes are definitely smaller than in other places. I had to go up 2 band sizes to get one that didn't leave a flab of skin hanging out over the top! but when I did find the right size for me, it was great! I haven't had any problems with cup size.

Regarding quality, I haven't found them that bad (or maybe it's just what I've bought) but like faith said, it's not the most expensive around.
    That, and they look nice! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Definitely on the small side. Plus, the strip of fabric between the cups at the front is often too thin, meaning that the bra doesn't provide enough support to the larger lady.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

Yeah have to go up a cup size if I buy something there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

I agree with everyone above. The only La Senza bra I own is usually strangling me slowly by lunchtime :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

my my, i must be the only la senza fan..i love it and whenever i get up to dublin i stock up..im a large cup size but they are the only bras i can find that actually fit comfortably! i dont know if the sizes have changed tho,i havent noticed

No. me too!!
    I very rarely have problems with their sizes.
    the only thing i cant really buy in La Senza are their.....i dont know what the name of them is... Balcony Bra's are fine, the ones that kinda go straight across like the one here http://www.lasenza.co.uk/level3.asp?style=6521&s=1&category=3&se=Girly%20&%20Gorgeous%20Rouched%20Ribbon%20Black they hold me up and in great.

but the ones that dip down in the middle, like this one...
    http://www.lasenza.co.uk/level3.asp?style=696938&s=1&category=17&se=Double%20Gel%20Bra%20Black
    ....i just pop out over the top of after a few minutes of any type of movement. 4 boob look is not very attractive. and if you look at the picture, id she bend over or moved a bit there you can see she would be straight out over the top of it too!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭campervan

Faith wrote: »
    Meh, you're not exactly paying top dollar for their stuff either. I just bought these bras because they were really eye catching. I'm obsessed with underwear, and have at least 1 bra in every colour, so now I buy patterned ones that catch my eye like this and this.

how cute! they are just adorable

Advertisement