Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help Needed on 42" TV purchase

Options
  • 01-04-2008 5:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi,

I need to buy a 40 or 42 inch TV. I have noticed that UK websites are way cheaper than buying in Ireland. Does anyone know any UK sites that deliver to republic. All I have tried only deliver to UK address. Also, any issues with using a TV bought in UK. Plasma or LCD if you where buying a 42"? Thanks a lot...Gunner

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 gunner25

Oh and you can buy cheaper in north also...does the northern TV work okay south?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭johnnyflav

The only difference I know of between Irish and UK sets is that the UK sets don't have tuners for Irish terrestrial. Other than that they should be identical.

As regards recommendations, the Pioneer plamsa's are (reputedly) the best in the 42" range, followed by Panasonic plasma.

thnaks - any advice on UK websites with delivery options to Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭johnnyflav

Richer Sounds deliver from up North I think, don't know much more than that. If you pop an e-mail off to one of the Dixons across the border they might ship something down...

cheers johnny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭trabpc

johnnyflav wrote: »

As regards recommendations, the Pioneer plamsa's are (reputedly) the best in the 42" range, followed by Panasonic plasma.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭aaf

Pioneer then Panasonic. http://www.richersounds.ie will deliver for £10 which is very cheap. They have a shop in Belfast. Bought my Pio there last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Try overclocker.co.uk as well.They're cheap and i think they deliver here.Also try directtvs.co.uk.Theyre prices are a bit hit and miss but they deffo deliver to the republic.Watch out though, a lot of websites might have a problem delivering a tv as big as a 42"

Advertisement