Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plastic surgery and Botox - where to go and avoid?

Options
  • 01-04-2008 5:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi guys,

I'm thinking (don't shoot me down ah!) about having my chin and nose fixed (given it a lot of thought) but have given up on the idea of going abroad due to horror stories.

Has anyone had any bad experiences in Ireland they'd like to share? I'd be very grateful.

I've already found Advanced Cosmetic and Harley Medical to be less than reassuring during consultations and have scratched them off the list.

I keep reading how people in Ireland are having surgery left right and centre but I do not know of a single person who has had anything done, good or bad. Not a soul.

All thoughts are welcome! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Clane Hospital do some kinds of cosmetic surgery.
    http://www.clanehospital.ie/cosmetic.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭MAKE MY DAY

Get a referral by your GP

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

I keep hearing about Cosmedico (is that how you spell it?) on the radio, Ireland AM and they have been on the Late Late Show as well. I think it's in Kilmacanogue in Co Wicklow (15 min drive from Cabinteely). Maybe try there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

I know someone who went to Belfast to have a tummy tuck, her surgeon came highly recommended. She had it done in one of the hospitals there, will get the name of it and get back to you. She was extremely happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

I'd seriosuly advise you that wherever you go, make sure that it's a proper hospital and not a cosmetic surgury only clinic.
    Tony Ryan is supposed to be very good (although probably super exprensive) he works out of Blackrock Clinic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 agapanthus blue

Hi Cheezypeas,

Just thinking of doing the same thing myself, 20 yrs too late but better late than never, i have decided I am not going to die with this nose. I found a load of info on irishhealth forum, search for rhinoplasty. I have spent weeks on net trying to research this, like yourself never met anyone who had anything done or admitted it anyway. have 2 appts set up for next week so will see how that goes.

Advertisement