Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back dole query

Options
  • 01-04-2008 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭

I applied for the jobseekers allowance a few weeks ago and was called in for my means test interview today. I provided evidence that I was looking for work, including the fact that I had a job interview later that afternoon. The woman doing the interview said that I should inform them if I got the job. Thankfully, I got offered the post on the spot so I'll let the Department know asap.

My question is assuming I passed the means test (which I must have given my circumstances), will I receive the jobseekers allowance for the time I was waiting for my claim to be processed or not?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭johnmahon010186

ullu wrote: »
    I applied for the jobseekers allowance a few weeks ago and was called in for my means test interview today. I provided evidence that I was looking for work, including the fact that I had a job interview later that afternoon. The woman doing the interview said that I should inform them if I got the job. Thankfully, I got offered the post on the spot so I'll let the Department know asap.

My question is assuming I passed the means test (which I must have given my circumstances), will I receive the jobseekers allowance for the time I was waiting for my claim to be processed or not?

You'll get the dole from the day you first went into the dole office to fill in the forms but if your looking for payment from before that date(if you couldnt go into them sooner for some reason) you'll have to fill in a backdating form.

Advertisement