Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

music around now been played in clubs

Options
  • 01-04-2008 4:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭

hi have been working as a dj in nightclub for the last 10 years and have to say the music is really bad that is been played in clubs at the min (its that or i am gettin old)

i also am finding it hard to find music on the web , in the sites like limewire or i tunes , were is now the best site to get music

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

Try beatport.com or junodownload.co.uk

Try www.phonicarecords.co.uk for vinyl

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

eh, isn't this against the rules?

i can understand stealing music that is big anyway and making money for the artists and labels, but how do you propose smaller labels survive if everyone is stealing?

Dance music is probably the only music I won't steal nowadays because I would like the labels I like to continue releasing records. And I know for a fact that many of them need the sales to continue in order to do so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

Right its like 55e for a year, not bad, but I wonder if the toolbar is MAC compatible?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

jtsuited wrote: »
    eh, isn't this against the rules?

i can understand stealing music that is big anyway and making money for the artists and labels, but how do you propose smaller labels survive if everyone is stealing?

Dance music is probably the only music I won't steal nowadays because I would like the labels I like to continue releasing records. And I know for a fact that many of them need the sales to continue in order to do so.

Id never downlaod off smaller independent labels only the bigger labels, anyway there is litle or no money to be made in record sales anymore in dance music with most people downloading, money is made by playing out and promotion or if a major label buys the rights to a track originally released on white label or a smaller independent label.

*Tripper* wrote: »
    Right its like 55e for a year, not bad, but I wonder if the toolbar is MAC compatible?

Not sure about a MAC mate need you'll to check the FAQ's on the website.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Lads, keep the mention of any illegal means of downloading music off the thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

But it is only illegal if you actually do it! (grey area I know) I have just had to remove iTunes and all the assciated crud that gets installed with it. My niece got her OH a iTouch for Xmas and I had to transfer his CDs onto it. I kept getting error 1604! :mad: Eventually got it fixed only took me 2 days.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,899 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Do you mean dance or commercial? You won't get commercial on the dance sites, except the few commercial dance tracks that aren't released big-label

For dance:

www.dance-tunes.com
    www.djdownload.com
    www.juno.co.uk
    www.beatport.com

Suspect I do 80% of my music buying through those these days. DJDownload and Juno give VAT receipts, I've never investigated Dance Tunes (Dutch so probably do) and Beatport are yanks. They all work on Mac but I'd suggest not using Safari for Dance Tunes because it breaks the downloads often... Firefox works grand.

For commercial, iTunes but be prepared for iffy quality and inavailability of longer edits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭disc

sorry what i was trying to say in my arse way around in sayin it

music in commercial clubs is crap , big time , what is everyone else playing

i find myself getting fed up with the same music and when you play something new people on the floor are looking at you with there mounths opened

Lads, keep the mention of any illegal means of downloading music off the thread.

Rapidshare is 100% legal mate and i would appreciate if you didn't delete my posts, who are you anyway your not a moderator on the dance forum?

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

He is a mod here too jonny :D

Felixdhc wrote: »
    He is a mod here too jonny :D

well how come he never posts or anything, anyway as i said Rapidshare is 100% legal:)

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

jonny68 wrote: »
    well how come he never posts or anything, anyway as i said Rapidshare is 100% legal:)

Dunno, just saw his name on the mods list :eek:

Maybe he is like a King Mod, or a mod of mods.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,899 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

anyway as i said Rapidshare is 100% legal:)

Explain, with reference to Irish, European and International copyright law how using Rapidshare to download copyrighted music you have not paid for is legal.

Rapidshare as a service is legal. A good 90+% of content hosted on it is not.

MYOB wrote: »
    Explain, with reference to Irish, European and International copyright law how using Rapidshare to download copyrighted music you have not paid for is legal.

Rapidshare as a service is legal.
    A good 90+% of content hosted on it is not.

You've answered my question Rapidshare as a service is legal, i didn't actually provide links for this person to actually download any albums i merely gave the link for Rapidshare.

Rapidshare is 100% legal mate and i would appreciate if you didn't delete my posts, who are you anyway your not a moderator on the dance forum?

recommending someone to do something illegal (while not helping them to do so) is against the rules around here I think.
    If you can show me how to use rapidshare to download copyrighted music legally, then you haven't done anything wrong. As you know this is not the case.

jtsuited wrote: »
    recommending someone to do something illegal (while not helping them to do so) is against the rules around here I think.
    If you can show me how to use rapidshare to download copyrighted music legally, then you haven't done anything wrong. As you know this is not the case.

I bet your one of these squeaky clean PC people who've never done anything wrong in their lives and get a kick out of telling people off, does it REALLY matter to you that much FFS:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭jimmychin

unfortunately (or fortunately) this is the way digital music has gone now.

paying for something that is freely available doesnt make sense
    (whether an independent label or major)

as mentioned earlier, if you make music, dont expect to make any money from selling records, you need to tour and play live (and maybe sell some t-shirts :))

jimmychin wrote: »
    unfortunately (or fortunately) this is the way digital music has gone now.

paying for something that is freely available doesnt make sense
    (whether an independent label or major)

as mentioned earlier, if you make music, dont expect to make any money from selling records, you need to tour and play live (and maybe sell some t-shirts :))

best post on the subject yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,508 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Lads a couple of points here

1) Karl is the mod of the whole music category.

2) While sites like rapidshare are legal, sharing copyrighted music is not.

3) Posting links to copyrighted material is not allowed on boards.ie

4) Advising other posters to PM you for links is also not okay

So a bit of cop on please guys. If you wish to share links to copyrighted music please go elsewhere.

I realise that there isnt an express list of rules on the Dance forum, its something that I thought wasnt really needed. but I'll be sticking up a charter later this evening.

Kev.

• Advertisement

Fair enough Kev ive no problem with you mate i do have a problem with moderators saying ive an infriction for being "naughty" that's like something a parent would say to their child if they were bold FFS:rolleyes: right ill leave it at that anyway.:pac:

I bet your one of these squeaky clean PC people who've never done anything wrong in their lives and get a kick out of telling people off, does it REALLY matter to you that much FFS:rolleyes:

i'm by no means a squeaky clean person. And i have no problem with stealing anything if it is victimless (which realistically is the case if you can't afford music/software in the first place, and especially when it's taking away from the profits of companies that don't give a fcuk about their artists or about music in general).

I was just pointing out it was against the rules (which everyone seems to know except you), and that in certain niche markets, stealing music harms the market significantly.

And yes it REALLY does matter to me this much, because if my releases don't sell when they come out because of p2p sharing, I gotta tighten my belt and dedicate less time to making music.
    I would like to think that by buying music I'm keeping my favourite artists and labels in a situation where they can continue making music full time.

Then again you seem to mostly like music from the past so you don't have that interest:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 39,508 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Okay lads, this thread has gone waaaaaay off the original topic now.

this isnt the forum to discuss the merits or otherwise of downloading music and also there has been a little too many personal digs been thrown by a few posters.

For everyone's sake I'm locking the thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement