Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geneology website

Options
  • 01-04-2008 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭

Wondering if anyone can help. I'm looking for a website that has the records of irish births, marriages and deaths. It was on the news about a month ago saying they had set up a new site with this information. I've googled but can't find it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭andrewh5

phi3 wrote: »
    Wondering if anyone can help. I'm looking for a website that has the records of irish births, marriages and deaths. It was on the news about a month ago saying they had set up a new site with this information. I've googled but can't find it.

IIRC it is www.irishroots.net

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

Thanks, i think that is the one i'm looking for. I still cant find any records on it but I'll persevere.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

Are you sure that was the one? I know it was on the news that the 1901 census (and the 1911 one) are being digitised and made available over the net. Some of it isup already and that was on teh news a while back.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭blue banana

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

The 1901 census is due soon online & I'm looking forward to it, I can trace back to Great grandparents, but that's as far as I can get so far. the 1901 should spread some more light on it.

I use the family tree creator from myheritage.com (free) to compile it for my little girl, it's expanding quite nicely, but as I said, I'm stuck at 1911

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭justagirl

iMax wrote: »
    The 1901 census is due soon online & I'm looking forward to it, I can trace back to Great grandparents, but that's as far as I can get so far. the 1901 should spread some more light on it.

I use the family tree creator from myheritage.com (free) to compile it for my little girl, it's expanding quite nicely, but as I said, I'm stuck at 1911

1911 Dublin census now online.....:)

Do you know when the 1901 full census will be online? Thanks.

Advertisement