Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peridontis 3mm - any sufferers?

Options
  • 01-04-2008 11:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi,

I went to the dentist y/day having not been in a long time. I was told that I had Peridontal disease with a depth of 3mm. I'm actually quite depressed about it and annoyed at having not taken action sooner. I'm a 27 y/o male by the way. Is there anyone out there who has a similar case that is in an around my age?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Austin316 wrote: »
    Hi,

I went to the dentist y/day having not been in a long time. I was told that I had Peridontal disease with a depth of 3mm. I'm actually quite depressed about it and annoyed at having not taken action sooner. I'm a 27 y/o male by the way. Is there anyone out there who has a similar case that is in an around my age?

Austion316, yep I've got very advanced peridontal disease too. I found out last year and I was shocked. I've got bone damage in some places. I'm in my early 30's and I was told my teeth were on the verge of falling out. :eek:

I'd been to dentists for years and they never picked up on it. Luckily the dentist I started going to last year is qualified in peridontal treatment. I've spent a small fortune on getting my teeth cleaned and new fillings. I brush them three or more times a day now and they really have improved sigificantly in the last six months.

Nothing you can do now but find the cash to get it sorted (you can claim peridontal back on your tax) and really look after them well and like me hope that its enough to save them. I still don't know if my teeth will be ok in the short term but in the long term I'll most probably lose most of them. :(

Advertisement