Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin 250W Question

Options
  • 01-04-2008 9:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭

Hi, am thinking of getting a Garmin 250W as we're going to France in June.

I'm used to the Route 66 software (wife has a UK/IRL Chicago, I had Route 66 on my PDA which is now bust)

On the Garmin can you plan a route, or does it always only let you do a route starting from your current location?

Any other folk compared the two? (Chicago/Maxi vs Garmin 250W)?

I'm quite used to the Route 66 interface and am somewhat reluctant to change. Garmin does seem to provide better updates and the accessories are more readily available.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭DannyBuoy

On the 250 you can specify any location as your current location then plan a route from there to somewhere else, it'll let you go through and see the route, but you can't save it as a route like you would with other sat navs.
    Overall a good enough unit tho. Spend the extra few bob on the widescreen, well worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

I've the Chicgo 8000 myself and used the mothers Garmin 250w over the weekend on a trip. Like yourself I'm too used to the Route 66 UI but I found the Garmin quite good and nearly as easy to use. I just did a point A to point B route plan but I'm sure you can plan routes onit like the Route 66. Other seasoned users I'm sure can fill you in.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,433 ✭✭✭✭Alun

You can plan multi-stop routes on the 7xx series, such as the 710, 760 and 770, but not on any other Garmins AFAIK.

Advertisement