Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE on Sky - Codes needed

Options
  • 01-04-2008 9:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Howdy,

We have sky for the last 3 years and we dont have RTE1, RTE2, TV3 and TG4. We have rang them and rang them to get it on but nothing is working. has any1 got the codes for them, same as the codes for ITV and BBC's??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭derek27

Just ring them and tell them to update your sky package... those channels are all included so long as you have any single one or more of the Sky mix's (ie the minimum installation).

0818 719 819... from the option menu select option 3, then option 3 again in the second menu and you'll be talking to a rep within 30 seconds... never really any lenght of time on hold.

You might have to get a replacement card also, but they'll organise this over the phone for you. I'm starting to feel like a Sky rep now myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Why dont you have the rte??? Do you have a valid sub?? RTE are not free channels on sky which is a shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,766 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

melliwissa wrote: »
    Howdy,

We have sky for the last 3 years and we dont have RTE1, RTE2, TV3 and TG4. We have rang them and rang them to get it on but nothing is working. has any1 got the codes for them, same as the codes for ITV and BBC's??

you can't tune them in in the same way as ITV and BBC, they're encrypted.

if you have any sort of Sky subscription and you're in Ireland then you should be getting them - ring Sky again and give them hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Why is everyone listed as a moderator ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Everyone has full control of the site. Try banning some people. It is great fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

So rte wont work on a free view box from the north

• Registered Users Posts: 25 AyJay

Adrian

If you mean Freeview (the UK DTT service) then you might be able to pick up the RTE signal from Three Rock or Clermont Carn during the DTT trial.

If you mean an FTA satellite receiver, then no you won't be able to receive RTE as it is encrypted with Sky.

AJ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Jmspud

Howdy,

well i have freev!ew its great but once it picked up rte and then the signal kept dropping then i lost them rte is sooo great :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Jmspud wrote: »
    well i have freev!ew its great but once it picked up rte and then the signal kept dropping then i lost them rte is sooo great :)

EEHHH? What? When? Where?

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Premier

Howdy,

Do you have rte in the channel line up? or does it start with bbc1 etc, if you have rte in the menu what msg does it give when you on that ch.?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Finne1993

I'm sure the problem is long rectified by now Satpaul seeing that its 2 1/2 years since the problem was reported. If its not then its almost 6 years since the OP has seen RTE and probably does'nt miss it now!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Premier

Finne1993 wrote: »
    I'm sure the problem is long rectified by now Satpaul seeing that its 2 1/2 years since the problem was reported. If its not then its almost 6 years since the OP has seen RTE and probably does'nt miss it now!:cool:

Iv seen stranger things happen, however i do agree.

Advertisement