Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seal hunters! Bears, seals and penguins.

Options
  • 01-04-2008 8:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭

The melting pack ice is now threatening Polar bears and scientist fear they will become extinct in the next 20 years. Now they fear that it won't just be be the bears. Fears are growing for several species of penguins that it is believed will become prey for the starving polar bears.
    With their main prey the harp seal becoming so difficult to catch due to receding ice it has been noticed that far more polar bears are turning towards preying on adult and baby penguins during the nesting season.
    Seal hunters are being asked to leave some carcasses on the shores for the starving bears and groups of hunters are shooting seals to feed the bears in an attempt to keep them away from the nesting penguins.

Interesting link on here http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Lauragoesmad

The melting pack ice is now threatening Polar bears and scientist fear they will become extinct in the next 20 years. Now they fear that it won't just be be the bears. Fears are growing for several species of penguins that it is believed will become prey for the starving polar bears.
    With their main prey the harp seal becoming so difficult to catch due to receding ice it has been noticed that far more polar bears are turning towards preying on adult and baby penguins during the nesting season.
    Seal hunters are being asked to leave some carcasses on the shores for the starving bears and groups of hunters are shooting seals to feed the bears in an attempt to keep them away from the nesting penguins.

Poor bears. I've heard there has been footage filmed of young cubs drowning trying to cross big gaps in the ice with their mothers.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Poor bears. I've heard there has been footage filmed of young cubs drowning trying to cross big gaps in the ice with their mothers.

t'would be a biiig gap alright to get at the penguins ...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

peasant wrote: »
    t'would be a biiig gap alright to get at the penguins ...

Ah, laughing in quiet lecture theatres... Thanks for that. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

it has been noticed that far more polar bears are turning towards preying on adult and baby penguins during the nesting season.[/URL]

Have they relocated Polar Bears to the antarctic? Or Penguins to the arctic?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

No they've chartered planes from WindUp Air to fly them accross. :D

• Advertisement

Its official, I am not posting until one hour after I wake up anymore! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭NoNameRanger

Its official, I am not posting until one hour after I wake up anymore! :pac:
    :D:D:D Got yaa!!!:D:D I've had a great day today! I know its childish but you need at least one day in the year that anything goes for a laugh.

Q. Why don't Polar Bears eat Penguins

A. They can't get the wrappers off! :D:D

A. Also Polar Bears live in the Arctic and Penguins live in the Antarctic.:D;):p

I'd love a penguin bar!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I'd love a penguin bar!
    I know someone who works for a choc company and I have a huuuuuuuuge bag of twirls, timeouts and caramels in the fridge. As well as a LillyO'Brien Easter egg - STILL not opened. :D

I know someone who works for a choc company and I have a huuuuuuuuge bag of twirls, timeouts and caramels in the fridge. As well as a LillyO'Brien Easter egg - STILL not opened. :D

I wonder what chocolate company makes twirls, timeouts and caramels?;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭NoNameRanger

Now i know how to distract you two next time ye take off on a rant. ;)
    Chocolate, galaxy, dairymilk,wispa,penguin,kitkat,toffeecrisp,twirl (eyes glaze over:confused:):D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Good one folks. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement