Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1TB External Hard Drive €149 + P&P Pixmania

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭briman1983

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Be wary about dealing with pixmania. I normally wouldn't post anything bad about a company but they really treated me shabbily IMO.

See http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055248789
    for me having a rant abot pixmania.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

jayteecork wrote: »
    Be wary about dealing with pixmania. I normally wouldn't post anything bad about a company but they really treated me shabbily IMO.

See http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055248789
    for me having a rant abot pixmania.

I've bought several cameras, a monitor, and a scanner. Never a problem with them.:)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Freddie59 wrote: »
    I've bought several cameras, a monitor, and a scanner. Never a problem with them.:)

Same as that, good find that lad.

Freddie59 wrote: »

Well they demanded a scan of my passport and utility bill.
    When i emailed them this it wasn't good enough and they demanded I fax them.

I told them to go stick it, then found out they had already debited my card.

I was absolutely furious.

Never again, and you can hardly blame me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭ablelocks

how dare pixmania try to ensure you are who you say you are in an effort to provide payment protection to your card.

bad pixmania.

I've just received my 15th delivery from pixmania and never had a problem with them.

anyway, back on topic - is trekstor an ok brand?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Just from looking at the picture, I'd say this is two 500GB drives connected by RAID to make up 1TB?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,944 ✭✭✭fdevine

http://www.engadget.com/2007/07/16/trekstor-intros-1tb-external-hard-drive/

It does have two 500Gb....see above

Good deal though

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭confuzed

I hate there so called Zen Sh!t.
    if you add evrything it comes to be €178.73
    Not a very g8 deal as it seems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭killswitch

What is this "Zen" boolix that they have?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

confuzed wrote: »
    I hate there so called Zen Sh!t.
    if you add evrything it comes to be €178.73
    Not a very g8 deal as it seems.

just remove it, click the 'find out more' button under the zen discription and click 'i dont want this crap'

+1 on Pixmania being dodgy, I bought a MP3 player and cancelled the order straight away, they said it had already been sent and I could just refuse delivery when it arrived and I would be refunded.. So I refused delivery but they called me a week later saying that the package was empty when I retuned it! I went mad but I'm still waiting on a refund, that was 4 months ago.

ablelocks wrote: »
    how dare pixmania try to ensure you are who you say you are in an effort to provide payment protection to your card.

bad pixmania.

I've just received my 15th delivery from pixmania and never had a problem with them.

If they want to run a security check, fine.
    I emailed them the scans. To then demand I fax them(WTF - far inferior quality than an emailed scan) and THEN find out they took money out of my card? WTF? If they wanna try that sh1t fine, at least wait until after before you take someone's money.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

I've bought several items from pixmania over the last couple of years and haven't had any reason to complain. They validate the accounts when you place your first order. Big deal! Get over yourself!

I'd prefer to deal with a vendor that takes fraud seriously

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭MaxFlower

blacknight wrote: »
    Big deal! Get over yourself!

Yeah. How dare you give us a heads up on a bad experience. We'll make our own mistakes thank you very much!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

ablelocks wrote: »

bad pixmania.

Despite your overwhelming air of patronising common sense Ablelocks, Pixmania saw fit to accept my order for a Canon Camera, proceeded to charge my Credit Card and then eventually decided to keep both the camera and my money until they decided I was who I said I was.

One of the main problems was that they never got around to actually informing me of this, so after a 2+ weeks I called to say my Canon Camera hadn't arrived yet [?] THEN they asked me to fax in utility bills, passports, a copy of my great-uncle's dental records :rolleyes: - While all the time letting my money earn interest in their bank account.

- I got it all sorted though weeks later still [after I eventually refused to jump through any more of their stupid, French, idiotic, hoops] - it was no problem after 6-7 calls and 8-9 mails; Eventually I had to resort to threats to get my money back [again weeks later] :mad:

Never, ever, ever could anyone persuade me to go near Pix-crap-ia again.

Komplett had a Camera at my door in 3 days. [No bizarre story here]

P.S. I'm not the only one - search Boards.ie and elsewhere.
    P.P.S. How come other e-traders manage to do business without resorting to this archaic laughable, nonsense?
    P.P.P.S www.komplett.ie ;)

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Products and prices are fine, customer service abysmal.

Raiser wrote: »
    Despite your overwhelming air of patronising common sense Ablelocks, Pixmania saw fit to accept my order for a Canon Camera, proceeded to charge my Credit Card and then eventually decided to keep both the camera and my money until they decided I was who I said I was.

One of the main problems was that they never got around to actually informing me of this, so after a 2+ weeks I called to say my Canon Camera hadn't arrived yet [?] THEN they asked me to fax in utility bills, passports, a copy of my great-uncle's dental records :rolleyes: - While all the time letting my money earn interest in their bank account.

- I got it all sorted though weeks later still [after I eventually refused to jump through any more of their stupid, French, idiotic, hoops] - it was no problem after 6-7 calls and 8-9 mails; Eventually I had to resort to threats to get my money back [again weeks later] :mad:

Never, ever, ever could anyone persuade me to go near Pix-crap-ia again.

Komplett had a Camera at my door in 3 days. [No bizarre story here]

P.S. I'm not the only one - search Boards.ie and elsewhere.
    P.P.S. How come other e-traders manage to do business without resorting to this archaic laughable, nonsense?
    P.P.P.S www.komplett.ie ;)

Exactly my story.
    Then went to Komplett(Or was it Dabs, not quite sure) and It was delivered in a few days.
    And as someone pointed out with all charges and delivery the total of that 1TB hard drive comes to 180.
    It's easy to find a 500GB Hard drive for about 90 euro. And you're better off with 2 seperate drives.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

How about opening a thread in Consumer Issues.

Back on topic. It's a good price for a terrabyte but as it's on two 500Gb HDDs if one of them dies you will probably lose both. I'm not saying it's likely but it's something to be aware of. I'm sure it'd be covered by warranty so you'd get a new drive but your data would be gone.

blacknight wrote:
    I've bought several items from pixmania over the last couple of years and haven't had any reason to complain.

So you have had no problems with Pixmania - oh, ok; we had all better shut up now so.
    blacknight wrote:
    They validate the accounts when you place your first order.
    Validation is understandably necessary; Its the cynical manner in which they do this [usually after banking peoples money] that people are complaining about. See?
    blacknight wrote:
    Big deal! Get over yourself!
    Is this a typical Blacknight attitude when you encounter an unsatisfied customer ? ? ? :eek: - You should run a Customer Care fundamentals 19 week seminar.
    blacknight wrote:
    I'd prefer to deal with a vendor that takes fraud seriously
    I'd prefer to deal with a vendor that validates my transaction and promptly despatches my purchase - Pixmania are not anywhere near this realm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭pcolan

I like what you've done with a Bargain Alerts thread :)

I'm one of the happy Pixmania's customers.

Ordered a number of times from them in recent years (spent well more than 2K with them) and never EVER had a problem (touch wood :)).

You see, with the company this big you're bound to have some dissatisfied customers and that's a fact :( (sad, but true)

Like for instance I read a lot of horror stories here on these forums about dabs.ie, but I still went ahead and ordered from them, and guess what - was completely satisfied :)

On the other hand I purchased a 42" Philips TV at Tesco at Christmas time on their 30% back in clubcard vouchers deal, and I'm still to see those vouchers some day, as they claim they sent them, but I haven't received anything from them. Of course, again, company as big as Tesco are not going to jeopardise their reputation, so after a number of calls to their clubcard helpline and a month of waiting I finally got my points back on my clubcard and now hoping I will receive them in the next mailing in May.
    But, if you read here in Bargain Alerts, you'll find a lot of satisfied Tesco customers.

So, the point is - there will always be happy and UNHAPPY customers especially with big companies - SUCH IS LIFE! :(

But, then of course, it's a good thing we have forums like this one where we can share our experiences, be they good or bad ones.

And the funniest thing is that normally you will find much more bad posts about some company than the good ones, and the reason is quite simple - most satisfied customers DON'T BOTHER posting about their experiences :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭confuzed

pcolan wrote: »
    I like what you've done with a Bargain Alerts thread :)

So, the point is - there will always be happy and UNHAPPY customers especially with big companies - SUCH IS LIFE! :(

(

Thanks for insight. We never knew that.:rolleyes:And hope your 'touchwood' always works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭pcolan

No problem, confuzed, you are most welcome.

If you ever need any info or advice, do not hesitate to ask! :cool:

How about opening a thread in Consumer Issues.

Back on topic. It's a good price for a terrabyte but as it's on two 500Gb HDDs if one of them dies you will probably lose both. I'm not saying it's likely but it's something to be aware of. I'm sure it'd be covered by warranty so you'd get a new drive but your data would be gone.

This is a bargain alert where said "bargain" is being sold by a retailer who a lot of people on these boards have had a lot of problems with. Its usually best to be aware of all of the facts before deciding to go ahead with a purchase.

- I had to smile though when you then went right ahead and launched into a summary of the 0 redundancy provisions of RAID 0 - Hows about opening a thread in Tech > Computers :D

EDIT To include the observation that mickoneill30's post located just below this one is hypocritical, offtopic nonsense :-) /EDIT

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

This is a bargain alert where said "bargain" is being sold by a retailer who a lot of people on these boards have had a lot of problems with. Its usually best to be aware of all of the facts before deciding to go ahead with a purchase.

A lot of people have lots of problems with lots of companies. Do a search here. You'll find complaints about Komplett, Dabs, Pixmania, Game, IBood etc. So your policy is to complain in all those if somebody posts a bargain? The point was made about the requirement of proof of ID and then made again and again. Make the point once and then move on. You don't have to keep on trying to convince people. If people have a problem with that policy then they can make up their own minds.
    I had to smile though when you then went right ahead and launched into a summary of the 0 redundancy provisions of RAID 0 - Hows about opening a thread in Tech > Computers :D

Glad to make you smile. It's not a complaint about the product and it was a really small summary of RAID 0, it's just an observation, that I'm sure many people won't have a clue about. I made it once and won't keep banging on about it. If I want to do that I will open one in Tech.

And this post has nothing to do about the original Bargain so I'll finish there.

Advertisement