Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Log Burning boiler

Options
  • 31-03-2008 11:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi,
    I am very interested in installing a log burning boiler, I have come acroos a 35 Kw bolier from Gerkros, but are there many other participants in the Irish market,

I want to integrate the boiler with solar panels. would it be advisable to install an oil fired burner as a backup?

ideas please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,123 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

What do you mean by integrate the boiler with solar panels.
    One is space heating and the other is water heating (well the boiler can heat the water too)
    Or are you saying you simply want both,

• Subscribers Posts: 41,152 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

depending on your levels of insulation, airtightness, and heating controls.... the solar pabels with the wood gasification burner should be enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 techspec

sydthebeat wrote: »
    depending on your levels of insulation, airtightness, and heating controls.... the solar pabels with the wood gasification burner should be enough.

Yeah, I am looking at a 35Kw wood gasification boiler for both space heating and hot water but I am looking to build in flexibility so that solar panels can provide HW during summer months when boiler would be inactive.
    I need to do rough calcs on to determein heat demand,

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭bauderline

techspec,

what sort of dollar is that unit coming in at ? Looks interesting !

Best regards, Baud.

Advertisement