Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help-I dont know what to claim!!

Options
  • 31-03-2008 3:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi, I am hoping someone can help me. I am 24 (soon to be 25), and just before Xmas I lost my job (was not there long enough to get any redundancy). I am currently claiming Job Seekers, Council Tax Benefit and Housing Benefit. I live alone. Does anybody know if I am entitled to claim anything else? By the time I pay my TV Lic, Water Rates, gas and electric, and Council Tax, I am left with only £8 per week to buy food with!! I am desperately looking for a job!! Surely there is something else I am entitled to? It makes me mad that people like me who have a house to run and have worked since leaving school seem to get exactly the same as people who live with parents etc and have never worked a day in their lives!!! Surely this is wrong?? Thank You

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭SarahMc

Are you posting from the UK?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 MinMac

Is my English that bad??? LOL Yes I am posting from uk! Any USEFUL information will be very much appreciated, as I am slowly wasting away (already lost 2stone in weight since December) am sure I will disappear soon LOL. People at the job centre dont seem interested in the situation I am in!!

Advertisement