Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double lights at Kilkenny road junction

Options
  • 31-03-2008 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭

The first set of traffic lights on the Kilkenny Road coming into Carlow. The left turn/sliproad normally has an amber light so you can always moved through it.

Recently a new set of lights were installed, further back from the junction. So now the amber light is flashing but a few years in front of it is the new light which when red stops all the traffic at the junction.

Pain.

:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

really? I think I drove through them the other day so.... oops?
    I just thought the amber light was Out of Order??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

I was blowing the horn at someone in front of me asking them to drive on, then realised that there was another set of lights there which was showing red.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭patrickc

The first set of traffic lights on the Kilkenny Road coming into Carlow. The left turn/sliproad normally has an amber light so you can always moved through it.

Recently a new set of lights were installed, further back from the junction. So now the amber light is flashing but a few years in front of it is the new light which when red stops all the traffic at the junction.

Pain.

:mad:

i noticed the lights about a month ago myself...pain as you say

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

My parents live on the Kilkenny Road and I was there a week ago... I don't remember seeing them. Weird...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

Mr E wrote: »
    My parents live on the Kilkenny Road and I was there a week ago... I don't remember seeing them. Weird...

They were probably green :P

• Advertisement

I just drove through the red this morning, until a guard tells me otherwise I shall continue to do so!

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭fitzyshea

Amber arrows are working again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Well I drove through plenty of reds in that case..never stopped.

Its actually still the same. The very first set of lights does not have any indication for the left turn. If you look beyond this set of lights, you can see the older set of lights with the flashing amber lights.

Advertisement