Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irsh Oral Dates.

Options
  • 31-03-2008 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Do all of you know the day you are doing the Oral by now?
    I'm asking to question to both internal & external candidates, as I'm also wondering if the schools have been notified by now.

I'm an external candidate & so far I haven't heard a word about it.

I have always known that mine is on during the 2nd week, 14-18th Apr, but as I'm working & need to look for the time off, that's not really good enough for me.

So, I rang the admissions office today & they could tell me the inspector would be visiting my chosen school on the 17 & 18th Apr, so that narrows it down again.
    But, apparently, it's up to the actual examiner to contact me with my time & date.
    I know of one external candidate who has been given this info over a month ago!

So, I rang the school to see if they've been notified yet & they're to ring me back, but so far I've heard nothing.

So, basically just wondering am I the only one still in the dark about this?:confused:

Thanks,
    BB

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

BoozyBabe wrote: »
    Hi,

Do all of you know the day you are doing the Oral by now?
    I'm asking to question to both internal & external candidates, as I'm also wondering if the schools have been notified by now.

I'm an external candidate & so far I haven't heard a word about it.

I have always known that mine is on during the 2nd week, 14-18th Apr, but as I'm working & need to look for the time off, that's not really good enough for me.

So, I rang the admissions office today & they could tell me the inspector would be visiting my chosen school on the 17 & 18th Apr, so that narrows it down again.
    But, apparently, it's up to the actual examiner to contact me with my time & date.
    I know of one external candidate who has been given this info over a month ago!

So, I rang the school to see if they've been notified yet & they're to ring me back, but so far I've heard nothing.

So, basically just wondering am I the only one still in the dark about this?:confused:

Thanks,
    BB

We got a list in our Irish class today for the first examiner. I was not on that particular list, so I probably will know soon enough. I would reckon you should know within the next couple of days anyway.

Advertisement