Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KFOR April 2008

Options
  • 31-03-2008 9:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 22,748 ✭✭✭✭

Just a quick post to say best of luck to all those heading out to Kosovo tomorrow. Take care & stay safe.

HB

PS - To those who took part in the parade & display in Dundalk last week - nice one folks! It was very impressive & made for a thoroughly enjoyable afternoon.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭ChapOfDRyans

what sort of force is heading out there eg battallion,administration,observers etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Hard Larry

About Company strength with a support element close to 200 in all

found these vids on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cteJsCNF238

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_H_ZTRNT3o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLvC4u57li0

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Ahh my neighbour headed off this morning. My prayers are with them all for their safety.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭ChapOfDRyans

what sort of equipment are they bringing with them just what we saw in the videos eg apcs,aml's,jeeps and the laylends

will they be bring arty equip with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Irish_Army01

what sort of equipment are they bringing with them just what we saw in the videos eg apcs,aml's,jeeps and the laylends

Every thing is out there already.. that was for the parade.. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭kermit_ie

Artillery has never and will never serve overseas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Nathan Jones

Hill Billy wrote: »
    Just a quick post to say best of luck to all those heading out to Kosovo tomorrow. Take care & stay safe.

HB

PS - To those who took part in the parade & display in Dundalk last week - nice one folks! It was very impressive & made for a thoroughly enjoyable afternoon.

it was'nt enjoyable for the CQMS who set it up (My father) it was a logisitical nightmare apart from that good luck to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,748 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

it was'nt enjoyable for the CQMS who set it up (My father) it was a logisitical nightmare apart from that good luck to them.
    Talk about píssíng on parades. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

making a cup of tea is a logistical nightmare if CQ's are to be believed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Nathan Jones

Obviously you have'nt a notion of what a CQ does and the ones you might have come into contact may have been like that but it is the hardest and most dangerous (not physically) of all jobs in the army as you are dealing with millions of euros of equipment and ordanance...

Just to enlighten you the morons from the curragh could not provide enough rifles and pistols for the parade, and expect a CQ to magically get them from no where....

And also I am a CQ in the PDF what rank if any are you exactly ?

• Advertisement

Obviously you have'nt a notion of what a CQ does and the ones you might have come into contact may have been like that but it is the hardest and most dangerous (not physically) of all jobs in the army as you are dealing with millions of euros of equipment and ordanance...

Just to enlighten you the morons from the curragh could not provide enough rifles and pistols for the parade, and expect a CQ to magically get them from no where....

Buddy - You are obviously new to boards, so I'll be gentle...

I started this thread with the intention of offering my best wishes to the men & women who were heading off to Kosovo yesterday. Now, if you have some beef in relation to how the CQs are expected to do their jobs with inadequate supplies from "the morons from the curragh" - as you so eloquently put it - I suggest that you start a new thread & don't drag this one down.

Edit: I am a 5-star General in my own home.

And i would just like to add to that; you shouldnt leave your sense of humour lying around!

Now on with the thread!

summer trip to kosovo.....niiiiceeee!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Cato

i was told we were grdualy withdrawing from kosovo :confused: not sending more over? or have i missed something?

well seeing as they just got their independence i would imagine its a little unstable at the moment so i assume we will be hanging around for a little while!

there were more riots on paddies day this year there too by the way.

king-stew wrote: »
    What is it with those guys and rioting on March 17th?

Indo article from 2004. I'm proud to say that my brother (who left again for Kosovo yesterday) was one of those who received a commendation for bravery.

i think they do it for the crack, i really do!

Article from riots this year: > http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/03/17/europe/kosovo.php

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

king-stew wrote: »
    well seeing as they just got their independence i would imagine its a little unstable at the moment so i assume we will be hanging around for a little while!

I believe a UN police man was killed in the last week or so. Things are pretty unstable, but seeing as they want to get into the EU, It may keep things steady for our boys and girls.

Again best of luck to all of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Irish_Army01

You must be a very young CQMS if your father is still serving and also a CQ..:)

Advertisement